24~ Extraordinary.

NIALL'S POV

I drifted back to Zayn's house, to do my routinely check up on him. I know Justin wasn't going to attack him just like that, he is planning very carefully... but what if he does act soon and unexpectedly? I can't let Zayn out of my sight. Ever.

I know he still doesn't want to see me, and that's why I don't appear in front of him. I keep my distance.

From what I had observed a few days ago, Zayn was avoiding Justin. And that made hope swell up in me. Did Zayn actually believe me now? Is he finally realizing that Justin is not what he appears to be and is the enemy?

Hope to God that's true. But still, I will do anything to keep Zayn safe. Even if he refuses my help. He is merely human, and Justin is not.

When I reached Zayn's house, I drifted to his window, perching on the tree that gave me the best view of his room. I saw Zayn sleeping soundly in his bed, wrapped in the covers. I couldn't go inside, because that would set Zayn's EMF meter off which he turns on at night, and alert him of my presence.

I smiled to myself, as I drifted closer and admired his relaxed features. He looked so peaceful when asleep, so angelic, so beautiful. I had the urge to caress Zayn's smooth cheek, card my fingers through his soft raven hair. I frowned at my thoughts.

I still haven't figured out the reason behind my unusual feelings for Zayn. Zayn and I never even knew each other before. So why do I feel this way towards Zayn? Feel like this powerful need to protect him and keep a constant eye on him to keep him safe? Feel like I want to kiss him again, when I know that Zayn probably hates me now?

I sighed, and drifted back to a lonely park somewhere in the city. A place to match my constant mood.

It was well after midnight, so this place was eerily quiet. The chilly breeze whistled past, ruffling the leaves of the shrubs, and making the children's swings on the other side of the park rattle.

I took a seat on one of the damp benches, and idly stared up at the starry sky.

"Niall?" the familiar, soft voice called out. I snapped my head up, meeting Molly's green eyes. Her red hair billowed in the wind, and she tucked some strands behind her hair, as she silently took a seat beside me.

"How are you doing, Niall?" she asked, even when I knew that she knew what had happened with Zayn.

"I'm just wonderful," I mumbled bitterly. "The only ghost counselor that actually seemed like he could help me, hates me now. I may or may not have unusual and continuously growing feelings for him, and a dark angel is after him, all 'cos of me. So yeah, I'm just peachy."

Molly chuckled lightly. "Alright. I shouldn't have asked that. But you're wrong, Niall. I don't think Zayn hates you. He was just influenced by Derek," Molly said.

I shrugged. "Yeah, but still. He said those words, he meant most of them, I could feel it. And he was right too, maybe I went too far. Maybe I was too overprotective," I berated myself.

"Now, you were just trying to help, Niall. You did nothing wrong. And believe me, Zayn will realize that," Molly assured me. "Now, the reason I am here is 'cos my father wants to meet you."

I almost fell off the bench in shock. "W-what? The head angel wants to see me? Why?"

Molly grinned. "He just doesn't call anyone for a meeting in his office. And never a ghost."

"Then why me?"

"'Cos, Niall. As you must have known before, you are an unusual case. The reason you can't cross over is even baffling us. And so Dad wants to meet you. Ask you questions. Try to figure this out. And advise you in gaining Zayn's comradeship back, 'cos we believe he is the closest thing that can help you solve your case," Molly finished, and I took the time to digest her words.