30~ Purgatory.

JUSTIN / DEREK'S POV

I was once again in my boss' office, the place I so wanted to be at, especially when I didn't have any good news to report. Yep. This time, my arse is gonna be hung on the line.

That blonde asshole had managed to do something what I'd feared the most; he actually went ahead and made a damn connection with the human! And not only that, he's in love with him! I could feel his protective lovey emotions suffocating the room and they revolted me. And Zayn was actually pretty clueless to the intensity of the ghost's feelings. Wow.

But the thing that's making me tear my hair out is how I'm powerless against the power of fūcking love.

Yes. You heard me. I can't do anything to break a bond as powerful as of a true love. And yes, those two have that bond. It's freaky, but that sure as hell is not my problem.

My problem is how the hell am I going to find a substitute soul for Zamian, and manage to save my behind from his wrath. I can't freaking believe how such a petty thing made me fail my mission. It was a mockery of my power, and my knuckles were aching to punch the gloating smirk off the blue eyed fūcker's face.

But I gotta hand it to him. I never knew he had it in him.

"Derek? You can go in now," the bitchy secretary informed me gruffly, and subtly rolling my eyes, I started towards Zamian's door.

God, I felt like a little kid getting called into a principal's office for breaking something. And it's funny to think that I'm kinda in such a situation right now. But I'm going to get the punishment a million times worse.

I gulped, and suddenly my feet felt like they were made out of lead. Forcing down the lump in my throat, I took a deep breath and twisted the knob to Zamian's office door open.

"Ah, hello again Derek!" Zamian greeted me cheerfully from behind his desk. A bit too cheerfully. I took another deep breath to stop myself from breaking out in a sweat and blurting out the wrong thing.

Stupid weak human vessel.

"How are you Derek? How's the mission going?" Zamian asked, tapping his spindle-like fingers on his polished marble table, his other hand resting under his stubbly chin, regarding me with humorous, cold black eyes.

I gulped, adjusting the sleeves of my jacket. "I-"

"You do know that you've failed your mission, so that means ONLY one thing," Zamian deadpanned, as my face drained of color.

"It wasn't my fault!" I protested. "How the fūck was I supposed to know that such a thing can stop me! I just need another-"

Zamian tsked. "You should have done your research then."

I bowed my head. "I will next time."

Zamian stood up with a powerful gust, his midnight black, bat-like wings casting a shadow against his profile, and I cringed. "Don't you see... there won't be a next time for you! I had some faith in you, but you were just like all of them." He then sneered down at me in contempt, adjusting the collar of his fine suit. "That's what I should have expected from a prissy half angel."

I bit back the retort on my tongue. I was in too much of a mess right now. Zamian's words finally sunk into my brain, and I felt a pang in my chest, where your heart's supposed to be.

I disappointed Zamian. I disappointed my father. I can't do anything right. Even if I'm the most powerful, even if I should excel, I still can't do anything right!

Zamian scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Please save the self pity, I can see it on your face. 'Sides, why did you pick such a pretty face?" Zamian suddenly changed the subject, and asked about my choice of vessel. I know he has nothing to do with me now, he's just entertaining himself with some chit-chat, prolonging my torture and misery.

I understood where I'm going now, and felt like fainting. Zamian had said again.

Purgatory.

That fůcking awful place that God created, the other dimension for all the fucked up creatures. Last time, as a punishment, Zamian had left me in there for 2 earth hours, and it was a week of torture for me there, running through the dense forest, feeling my flesh tear off my skin when they had caught up to me. I screwed my eyes shut.

This was my fate now. Karma really is a bitch. And all I wanted was to do something right for once. Made someone powerful be proud of me for once.

"Hmm?" Zamian prompted, and I glared at him as I answered. "Yeah, this vessel is of a guy named Justin-something. He was smart, strong and not to mention, really nice, so it was fun taking over his head," I smirked, lightly, remembering how I possessed the poor guy who was just starting his new life in this new city.

"Fück you," I heard him weakly growl inside my head at my words, and I smirked.

Now you're taking another trip to Hell with me, bitćh, I replied. I was sick of him always whining inside my head and spitting curses at me.

Justin had almost stopped me from killing Zayn that day. Almost. The fūćker wasn't that strong.

"I see, I see. And since you've tethered yourself so strongly with this poor vessel, guess he's going with you," Zamian laughed. I just shrugged, while Justin once again cursed me inside my head. Ha, he's pathetic.

"Enough chit chat!" Zamian suddenly snapped, and gracefully withdrew a scythe. I gulped as I saw it. I was the same damn scythe. The one he stole from the Reaper.

"Now, see you in four months, Derek," Zamian smirked, then pretended to pout.

My eyes bulged out and I choked. "FOUR FUĆKING MON-"

He lifted the scythe up and tore a part of the dimension to Purgatory, as I gritted my teeth and shielded my eyes, my ears, from the horrifying sounds that started to surround me.

I braced myself for the agonizing torture I was about to endure, as the darkness slowly took me in.

~*~

Supernatural and The Host references, anyone? ^_^

So yes. Justin Bieber is just a poor innocent guy. Or was. Derek is actually another (fucking evil) angel who took over his body and now he's getting tortured. (you're welcome everyone) :3

I picture Zamian as Johnny Depp! *drools*

Short but informative chapter. This is a Derek chapter, so I doubt you guys will vote for this. :P

BOOK IS GONNA END SOON! *hides under bed*

~zarrycupcake xx