28~ Serenity.

[warning: super ziall fluff]

ZAYN'S POV

Niall was here, he was actually here. In my room, his arms around me, and he actually wasn't mad at me like I expected he would be. I know I already apologized, and Niall has graciously forgiven me, but I still feel guilty for hurting him. And not only that, but he was trying to protect me all along. I don't know how I would redeem myself.

"What are you thinking?" Niall murmured in my hair, making goosebumps rise on my skin. I closed my eyes, as I shifted on the bed, my back against Niall's chest. I personally didn't want to move an inch.

I shrugged lightly. "Nothing much. Just thinking about how you so easily forgave--"

"Alright already! That's over and done with. You made a mistake, I over-reacted. Let's just move on now," Niall spoke sternly, tighening his arms around my waist. "And, I have something to tell you," he added.

"Hmm?" I turned my head slightly, and met Niall's clear blue eyes. He grinned and swiftly pecked my lips, making me blush.

"You must remember I told you I went to Heaven," Niall began. Heaven... what?!

"Heaven?! You crossed over?!" I burst out, scrambling back and fixing my gaze on Niall. He shook his head, running a hand through his hair.

"Uh, no. Molly. Her father is the leader of Heaven and he wanted to have a meeting with me a few days ago. And long story short, my case is even baffling the people upstairs," Niall shrugged, as if this was no big deal. I took a moment to process his words.

"So you're saying that," I forced out, "you not crossing over is not only a matter of your unfinished business, but something even more complicated?" Wow, this was way out of my league now. I can't help Niall with this. But I will try my best. I won't give up on him again.

Niall shrugged again, fiddling with his hands in his lap. "Looks like it. Oh, and Castiel -- Molly's dad -- said that the angels think that you're a loophole for me. And they also think that our connection has a reason behind it."

"How am I a reason...?" I trailed off. I'm just his ghost counselor, just a human!

"They didn't tell me that. Just said that I should ask you to be my counselor again. So, will you be...?" Niall asked timidly. I raised my eyebrows in incredulity.

"Is that even a question? Of course, Niall! I should have never said anything that I said to you before. You are my client, and I shouldn't have abandoned you like I did, just 'cos you were trying to help me, to save my soul from a psychopathic angel," I ranted, out of breath. Niall chuckled, but didn't meet my eyes.

"That's amazing. And now I'm your client again?" he smiled at me, now meeting my eyes.

"Yeah."

"Zayn?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you know why I kissed you first?" he suddenly asked; my cheeks instantly heated up at the memory of the kiss we shared just a while ago, and everything else that followed.

I shook my head silently, biting my lower lip. This was all so weird. I was having feelings for a ghost. Strange feelings, but feelings nonetheless. A ghost-human connection was very unique, damn it! As a ghost medium, I'd done a lot of research on this. And I never in a million years throught I'd be one of those humans.

But the thing that was puzzling me was that 99% of the ghost-human connections are because the ghost and the human had some sort of relation in the ghost's past life. But Niall and I met literally a month ago, so how was this possible?

And to top it all off, I was feeling this way towards Niall. Like kissing him, touching him... just felt so... right. But for now, I'm not going to question how this will go on. Just concentrate on helping Niall cross over.

I felt an uncomfortable lurch in my stomach at the thought of Niall crossing over. Why? Because he would be leaving me then?

Oh, get yourself together Zayn, you're being selfish again!

"Zayn?" Niall murmured, as his hands ghosted over my cheeks, making my breath hitch. He cradled my face in his hands, as he stood in front of me on the bed, positioning himself between my legs. Tilting my head up to meet his eyes, he murmured, "I kissed you first, because I had been wanting to do that again for God knows how long."

I gulped, leaning closer. Wordlessly, our lips met once again, and we broke off after a short but passionate lip lock. Niall leaned his forehead on mine, breathing heavily.

"See? You make me feel better in so many ways, Zayn. I'm so happy I came to you for help," Niall spoke, making my heart warm. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him in for a tight hug as I fit my head in the crook of his neck, breathing in his unique scent.

"So do you, Niall. Thank God you chose me as your ghost counselor," I mumbled. "I'll do anything to help you find serenity, help you... cross over," I said, practically forcing the last words out.

Niall pulled back, looking into my eyes. I bit my lip, looking down. "Hey, Zayn," he cupped my cheek. "Look. Let's not think about that yet, eh? Let's just... um, let's just kiss," Niall grinned cheekily. I laughed, pulling back.

"As much as I want to comply, I still can't wrap my head around this." I started pacing the length of my room. "Why me? I mean, why do you feel like this for me? Why do the angels think I can help you so much?"

Niall shook his head with a humorless smile, and perched himself on the ledge of my window, gazing outside. "I honestly can't understand myself. The only reason I can think of is that I knew you before in my past life, but we both know that it isn't so," Niall shrugged. "But what I do know is that the feelings I have for you Zayn, they're just... kinda impossible, but just as real," he murmured, looking down at his hands.

I walked over to Niall, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "I feel the same way, as weird as it is. I don't care if I have feelings for a ghost, this just feels so right," I sighed.

"It does, doesn't it? Like it was meant to be?" Niall cooed.

I slapped his shoulder. "And now you're being cheesy!"

Niall huffed. "Says the one who feels so right about this!"

I pouted. "Well, I do."

Niall smiled, pulling me back into his lap. "So do I."

And I won't think about how Niall and I won't work out, at least not yet. I will try my best to help Niall -- like the angels think -- and not let my selfish thoughts over-ride my mind.

But for now, I would just cuddle with my ghost.

~*~

That was so fluffy, like the fluffiest Ziall I've ever written! <3

Friendly reminder>> after fluff, comes DRAMA.

VOTE FOR THIS BOOK FOR THE 1D OLYMPIC BROMANCE AWARDS [POPULAR ZIALL CATEGORY] IF YOU HAVEN'T! ILY! <3

*whispers* EXTERNAL LINK --------------->

Next update: unsure, cos I literally wrote this tiny chaptah in a WEEK during my study breaks (to take my mind off chemistry, ugh)

Well then. Hope you liked this update.

Love you, the one who's reading this right now. Yes, you babe. :* <3

~zarrycupcake xx