Chapter Seven

Will

When we reach my home, I lead Nico inside cautiously.

"You have a whole house?" He marvels, looking around with amazement. I've never really thought about it before, but it is a pretty good place, with a fairly large, open-plan living room and
an adjoined kitchen downstairs, then two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, which is where I lead Nico.

"Yeah. My... Never mind." I shut up. I was going say that my parents are rich, but is not fair to talk about them when he doesn't even have a family. My parents aren't great, but they must be better than what Nico has.

"You can have my bedroom." I offer, gesturing to it. "I can sleep in the guest room."
"A-are you sure?"
"Yeah." I nod.
"But..."
"Nico, I don't mind." I shrug. "The guest room is kind of cold, and the bed is creaky. I don't want you to have to deal with that."

"I'm not a porcelain doll." He mutters, then flinches.
"I know." I say soothingly. "But you don't have to suffer, okay? And it's not that bad, I can deal."
"You're sure?" He checks.
"Positive." I nod.
"O-okay." He nods.

I smile and lead him into my room.
"Just move my junk." I gesture to my guitar and books, which are haphazardly strewn around on the floor.
"It's okay." He shakes his head. "They're fine there."
"Okay. Do you need any help arranging stuff?"
"No." He says. "I'll be okay."
"Alright." I smile a little, and he blushes slightly. "See you when you're done, I guess." I close the door, then finally let the gigantic smile, which I felt building up, slip onto my face.

He blushed. That's so adorable!