Chapter FiftySix

WPOV:

The doctors move me to another room, which I have I myself. Nico and I refuse to leave each other's side. He sits beside me when my parents are around, and on my lap when they're not.

They walk in and he scrambles to get up, but I hold him still.
"Who cares what they think?" I whisper to him.
"Me. I don't want them to hate me..."
"They hate everyone." My parents must hear me, because my dad raises an eyebrow hike my mom scowls.

Luckily, Nico stays on the bed with me. I hold him close as my parents start to talk.
"The doctor says you can go home this afternoon!" Mom announces.
"Good."

"We'll stay with you for a while, if you like."
"No thanks."
"That wasn't an offer, William."
"It sounded like an offer to me." I shrug. "There is no way I'm letting you and that boy be alone together." She tells me angrily.

"We've been living together for weeks." I tell her. She balls her fist and glares at me.
"Exactly! Who knows what you've done so far!" She shrieks. I raise an eyebrow.
"Nico's sixteen." I remind her.

"So? Look at him Will, he's trouble!" I look at Nico, acting innocent.
"He looks nice enough to me." I remark. Nico smiles slightly. My mom and dad start ranting about how rude I am, but I just block them out.

I play with a few strands of Nico's hair until my parents walk out. As soon as they're gone, I kiss him. He smiles against my lips, then kisses me back.

"Next time they start ranting, I'll just kiss you, right then and there." I decide. Nico smile and Lena against my chest as I curl an arm around him.
"Sounds good to me."