Chapter FiftyEight

NPOV:

"Oh my god!" My eyes snap open. Will's parents are standing in front of us, staring at us with shock, anger and disgust. Will moves beneath me, rubbing his eyes and mumbling unintelligibly.
"What..?" He opens his eyes and sees his mom.

"This is completely unacceptable!" His mom yells. I frown.
"What's wrong?" I ask. She gestures to us, pulling a face.

Then I remember last night. I'm still straddling Will, and I was leaning on his chest. His shirt is on the floor, and there's a bruise on his neck. Did I do that?

A blush creeps onto my cheeks as I scramble off his lap.
"We didn't do anything!" I say quickly. Will nods.
"We just kissed." He adds. They glare at me, and Will notices, getting to his feet.

"Don't start blaming Nico." He says. His mom raises an eyebrow.
"Why shouldn't I?" She challenges.
"Because it isn't his fault!" He shouts, which he rarely does. "None of this is his fault!"
"But-"
"Listen!" He glares at his mom. "Nico hasn't done anything wrong, yet since the minute you met him you've made him feel terrible! You have no idea hat he's been through, but he doesn't need you making him feel bad too!"

"William-"
"I don't care if you hate him, I love him! If you can't handle that, get out o my life, because Nico is more important to me than you!" I stare at Will, stunned. He turns to me and beckons me over. Hesitantly, I walk over and stand beside him.

"Will, this is ridiculous!" His dad sighs.
"You don't understand." Will insists. "I love him." He takes my hand, lacing our fingers. "And,"He turns to me "-if you're okay with it, of course- were getting married."

My face breaks into a grin, and wrap my arms around his neck.
"Yes! Of course I'm okay with it, you dummy!" I beam, tears brimming in my eyes. Will smiles and hugs me back, lifting me off my feet.

"This is unacceptable!" His mother shouts. Will sighs and puts me down before turning to her.
"If you're not going I support me, get out."
"William!" His dad protests.

Will folds his arms.
"Get. Out."
"No!"
"Yes!" He storms over to the door and flings it open. "Get out! Now!"

His parents's complain and glare at both of us, but leave. Will slams the door shut behind them as I stare at him. "What?"
"You were..." I shrug, smiling.

He walks over and pulls me into his arms. I lean forward and he trips, landing on his back. I smile down at him and give him a light kiss, making him grin.

"Are we really getting married?" I ask. Will nods.
"I was going to propose, but then I crashed the car..."
"I know." I nod. "I saw the rings."
"Did you like them?" He asks nervously. I nod, smiling.
"I loved them! They were perfect."
"No," Will smiles. "You're perfect."

"You're a hopeless romantic, Will." I grin. "But it's kinda cute."