Chapter FortySeven

WPOV:

I hear muffled voices. One sounds unfamiliar, but I would know the other anywhere. It's Nico. He's alive! Relief floods through me. He's alive. That's all that matters.

"Will?" Nico's voice becomes clearer. "I don't know if you can hear me... Either way, I'll talk to you every day, okay?" He says. His voice shakes slightly, and he ant to reach out and console him, but I can't. I can't move. My eyes won't open. It's like my body is frozen.

"I-I'm fine." Nico tells me. "Just a cut on my head. In case you weren't sure... You're in a coma." Dam.

"Your right arm is broken, and some of your ribs. We were in a car crash, in case you don't remember." I do remember, but I didn't think the outcome would be this bad. I hope the people in the other car weren't hurt...

"I'm Nico." He says nervously, like he's not sure if I remember him. Of course I remember him. I'd have I be dead to forget. "You remember me, right?" He asks worriedly.

"I-I love you." He sobs. "Remember that." He squeezes my hand and I feel him lean forward and kiss my cheek.. "Remember that I love you."

I hear him start to cry, and I desperately want to console him, but I can't. That makes me want to punch something, but I still can't.

I can't do anything... It's so frustrating!