Chapter FortyNine

NPOV:

I have to stay at the hospital for a few days, but I don't mind. Out of pity, the doctors let me stay by Will's side.

I talk to him every day. There isn't much to talk about, but I talk anyway, hoping he can hear me. Most people tell me to stop it, telling me he probably can't hear me, but I do it anyway, for both of us.

~~~

I walk into the room where Will is, and stop in my tracks. There are two people by his bed.

One is a woman with curly brown hair. She looks quiet young, but under her makeup you can tell she's older then she looks. The other is a man with pale blonde hair with grey streaks.

"Uh... Who are you?" I ask nervously. Both of them look up at me and state.
"Who are you?" The woman asks.
"I asked you first."

Big mistake. The man immediately starts ranting about disrespectful teenagers while h woman glares at me.
"We are William's parents! Who are you?"
"I'm his boyfriend." I say sheepishly.

They stare at me, then the man glares at me accusingly, before turning to his wife.
"You told me he didn't like boys any more." He says.
"I though he was over it." She replied.
"Well obviously not." He glares at me like this is my fault, which it might be.

"Um..." I shift nervously, but move closer. They scowl at me as I take a seat beside Will.

"Do you know how our son got into this mess?" The woman asks me coldly. I nod.
"He was in a car crash." I tell her.
"We know that." She told her eyes. "I mean why did he crash?" She speaks to me like I'm five years old.
"He... He got distracted." I say weakly. The woman tuts while the man looks at me suspiciously.

"Were you there?" He asks.
"Y-yes. I was in the car with him." I reply. The look at me and scowl even more.
"You get off with barely a scratch while our son breaks his arm and ends up in a coma." His dad says accusingly. I can tell that he's implying that he wishes it was me, and I agree with him.

"I'm sorry." I say. They shake their heads and look away from me with disgust.
"Get out." The woman hisses.
"Wh-what?" I ask quietly.
"Get. Out!"
"But... I'm his boyfriend. He needs me!"
"He doesn't need you. As far as we're concerned, you're nothing. Get out."

"No." I fold my arms. The couple look at me incredulously.
"Excuse me?" Her voice is dangerously low.
"No." I repeat. They both glare at me.
"Why not? He's our son, and you're just some boy he met! How long have you been together, a week?" She sneers.

It's true that we haven't been together long, but Will feels like a lot more than a boyfriend. We've been through so much together...

"I'm not leaving." I say. "You can't make me."
"Yes we can." She says. "We'll call security."
"I've been sitting by Will since the day he was brought to hospital. I haven't done anything wrong." I shrug. "You've only been here a day and already you've started an argument. You do you think they're going to blame?" I raise my eyebrow.

Will's parents huff and insult me, but don't do anything to get rid of me. I take Will's hand (despite their glares) and start talking I him again, ignoring him. They talk over the top of me, so eventually I stop talking and just rub my thumb against the back of his hand, hoping he'll wake up soon.