Chapter 36.

~Jay~

I glanced down to see my knee was bouncing again at a very fast pace and that my hands were shaking.

"Babe, chill. What are you so worried about? I'm sure you'll be fine." Niecy reassured me, kissing our interlocked hands.

I forced a smile for her sake, even though I know.

I know.

"Jaylyn Monroe?" The nurse called.

Ni and I stood and followed the nurse as she lead us back into one of the rooms.

She took my vitals and informed me that the doctor would be back with my results shortly.

"Are you sure you're okay? I don't even think you ate breakfast this morning." Niecy said, grabbing my face. "Are you pregnant? I promised I pulled out babe, I swear I did."

I turned my face and kissed her palm, and can't help but laugh.

"You're silly." I told her.

"Duh. You put a ring on it," She jeld up her engagement ring. "And you love my silly ass."

I agreed, and she pecked my lips softly a few times before a knock soundeed at the door.

We pulled apart and gave permission to enter.

The doctor entered and greeted us both before getting down to business.

"Well, just to catch up, your pregnancy test from your last appointment was negative, of course," He paused and cleared his throat nervously," Anyway, your blood and urine tests have come back from the lab so today I will give you your results."

He clicked a few keys opens his mouth to speak, when Niecy's phone goes off.

She glanced at it and cursed.

"Baby, it's my mom."

"Answer it, it's fine." Another forced smile. "I'll catch you up."

"Are you sure?" She asked, already prepared to end the ringing if necessary.

"I promise. Go ahead."

She studied me for a few seconds then sighed.

"I'll be right back, excuse me Doc."

She stood and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"Um, would you like me to wait for your fiancé, or..."

"No. If you could...I'd like to know now, please." I replied, folding my shaking hands in my lap.

He nodded.

"Okay so, it seems that um...well..."

My heart rate increased.

"Well?" I asked, getting impatient.

"The blood and urine test didn't show any abnormalities, as we already discussed. My concern, however, is the tests we ran last week when you came in."

"Oh, right..." I sighed. "My fiancé, she doesn't know about those tests. Um...I'm not sure exactly how to..."

The man closed his eyes, then reopened them and gave me a sad smile before continuing the conversation.

~Niecy~

I loved my mom dearly.

Sure, she talked for 20 minutes straight about her theory that her neighbor was stealing her flowers from her yard, but I always enjoyed every second I got to speak with her.

Anyway, by the time I got off the phone, the doctor had already left and Jay was waiting for me in the waiting room.

"How'd it go? What did he say?"

"Oh, nothing. I just have a little food poisoning that's all. He gave a prescription that should help with some of the nausea and vomiting though."

I sighed in relief.

Of course, my scary ass was up all night looking up her symptoms on Google, and all I got was about 10 different types of cancer.

Thank GOD it was only food poisoning.

I escorted my beautiful fiancé out of the building and helped her into the car, before climbing into the driver's seat.

"Baby." I called her.

"Hm."

"You're my world, I love you."

She smiled, "I love you too wifey."

I leaned over the armrest to kiss her lips, and ended up getting a little carried away.

We both pulled away breathless.

"I was scared," I admitted. "Coming here with you. I thought something was really wrong with you. I don't know what I'd do if I ever los-"

I stopped, feeling my eyes water.

Don't be a weak bitch.

She's fine.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm just glad you're okay." I started the car and pull out of the parking lot.

She doesn't respond.

(Jay in the media)

Tell me what you think!

•Jay?

•Niecy?

•Any theories?

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~