Chapter 26.

~August~

"The fuck are you doing here?" He questioned, closing the front door behind him. "Where is Bethany?"

"Nice ta see you too." I smirked. "She's upstairs with Angel."

He stared at me for a few seconds.

I stared back, quickly noticing that something seemed off about him.

He shook his head before racing up the stairs calling for B.

"Bethany? Baby? I need to talk to you."

I rolled my eyes, debating if I should be petty and follow him upstairs.

I shook my head and resumed my position on the couch in the living room.

I tried to give them privacy and let them talk, but as silent as the house is, I can't help but overhear their conversation.

"Hey," I heard Bethany say. "You're back early. I thought you were gonna be at the club for a few more hours."

"Yeah I decided to come back a little early. And I'm glad I did. What the hell is he doing here?"

I do have a name.

She sighed.

"He wants to be in her life Nate, and as her father, he has the right to get to know her."

"I understand that, congrats to him. But why the hell is he here in your house after he swore up and down that Angel wasn't his? Sounds a bit messed up to me."

I sucked my teeth.

If Nintendo don't mind his damn business...

"Can you just...calm down and give him a chance to explain himself?"

She sighed again.

She sure does that a lot.

"I'm doing this for Ang. I know how important it is for a child to have both parents in their life so I'm trying to give August a chance. And you should do the same. I know you probably can't stand his ass. That's understandable, same here."

"Well damn." I chuckled to myself.

"But right now I need you to put your issues with him aside and be civil and polite for Angel's sake, as I'm doing. Can you do that for me?"

I heard him suck his teeth.

"You don't have to explain this shit to me like I'm a child, Bethany. I'm a grown ass man." Nathan snapped.

Hold the fuck up...Who the hell he think he talking to?

Bout to make my ass get off this damn couch..

"Excuse me? What's gotten into you? Are you...are you drunk? Seriously?"

Ah, that's what was off about him.

This dude was drunk!

"Does it matter? He's here. You don't need me now, huh?"

The second I heard him raise his voice at her, I hurried up the stairs.

I found them standing in a room beside a crib glaring at each other.

Bethany glanced at me over Nathan's shoulder and he turned his head to stare at me.

"B you good?" I asked her while keeping my eyes on him.

"I'm okay." She replied softly. "Nathan and I were just talking. He was just on his way out."

Nathan's head snapped back to her.

"Really? Beth-"

"You're drunk, Nathan. You need to go home and sleep it off." She said, crossing her arms.