[20] for better or for worse

I decide to torture myself and open it in science

I decide to torture myself and open it in science. But as I'm walking, I can't stand it.

I open it, standing in the middle of the hallway.

On the front it says From Archie Andrews :P

I unfold it gently.

THE PROS AND CONS OF KENDRA :) is written at the top in Archer's handwriting. Well, obviously. He's the one who gave it to me.

My heart skips a beat and my eyes squint in confusion. He wrote cons about me?

I look down at the T-chart, under cons.
It says Nothing :).

He's got to stop with the smiley faces I think, but I'm too excited and happy to think completely straight.

Pros:
Funny and makes me laugh
Kind to everyone
Always beautiful
Appreciates books
Awesome to spend time with
Way more than just a popular girl
Quirky and adorable without trying to be

Then, the last pro, written way more neatly then the others, like he put the most care into writing this one.

My girlfriend?

I read the last pro and almost pass out. My heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest. I read it again. And again. And again.

I drop the paper and stare at the ground, then pick it up again. The bell rings.

I don't exactly care right now, but I sprint to science, the paper clutched under my arm. My heart is pounding so loud I can feel it in my ears. It's not because I'm running.

"You're late." Mr. Johnson grumbles when I enter the room, sweaty yet exhilarated.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Johnson. I-um..."

"You what?" He demands. I swallow.

"I'm so sorry. I had to go to the bathroom." Is the first thing that slips off my tongue.

He just grunts and goes back to handing out papers.

Archer wants me to be his girlfriend Archer wants me to be his girlfriend Archer wants me to be his girlfriend Archer wants me to be his girlfriend...

I repeat those words in my head until they have no meaning, just a jumble of words.

I open the paper again to make sure I read it right.

My girlfriend?

He likes me. Oh my fadoodle cakes. This is insane.

What happens when your crush likes you?

What do I say? Everything in me wants to say yes. So it that what I should do?

What if it doesn't work out? What if our friendship is ruined? He's the only friend I have now. I can't lose him.

I feel lightheaded. I don't listen to anything   Mr. Johnson says. I'm too giddy, too overwhelmed, too excited, too nervous, too jumpy.

Too indecisive.
                                     __________