[bonus chapter] - laser tag & my backstabbing boyfriend

"May I ask why we're doing this?" I ask as we follow the swarm of kids equipped with (fortunately) non- lethal laser guns

"Come on, Ken, laser tag! I haven't done this in years!"

"Exactly," I say, pulling the stupid vest down. "Maybe it should stay that way. I mean, maybe if we were doing this on our own..." I sigh. "I mean, you know, with people our age, it wouldn't be all that weird, I guess. But why do we have to be tagging along on your nine year old brother's birthday party?" He shrugs.

"Come on, who cares? It's not like Kit joined us. She doesn't even want to be seen out of the house with us. She hid in the trunk the one time we all went to Taco-Bell." I snort and swing my gun back and forth as we enter the giant room. I get that excited rush, the one that floods memories into my mind from my kid years, and smile a bit.

"Okay, fine. Just don't shoot any children."

He laughs. "That sounds super sketchy out of context." I laugh too, and then it's kind of hard to stop until we're shushed by a girl with light-up Sketchers.

"Shut up, old people!" She whispers, and I bite my lip to keep in a laugh. "It's starting!"

Sure enough, a voice booms through the room. "Alright, the match will begin in ten seconds! Remember, if you need to leave, there is an exit under the stairs. Ready? 10...9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..go!" The guns activate and we all rush to hiding places, excitement already booming through me. I wish I were a kid again.

Archer is already gone-after all, we're on different teams, so I rush up to the stairs after getting shot twice and having to "reload" my gun.

I already feel sweat sticking to my skin, and the neon lights burn into the back of my eyelids whenever I blink.

I realize- a bit too late- that I'm out in the open, so I sprint over to the other team's base and slip behind a plastic rock to catch my breath.

Over the rush and screams, I hear a loud voice from around the corner. "You tying to steal our base?" I tilt my head to the side, catching the sleeves of Archer's black hoodie, one I've worn many times, and press my back against the wall, not sure what good that'll do me.

"No," I scream over the noise when he slips into my little hiding place. "Definitely not."

He smirks and walks closer to me, closing the already small distance between us. "I'm gonna have to make sure of that."

He presses his hands to the wall and pushes me against the plastic rock, his arms on either side of my face.

Then he leans in until there's absolutely no space between us and kisses me.

I'm already light-headed, so this doesn't help much with that.

He pulls away, and while I'm still staring at nothing, shoots me right in the heart and races away.

For a second I just stand there, still against the wall as my vest buzzes, and that same girl rushes over to me and shoots me before saying. "Ew! No PDA!" And rushes away.

Then I laugh, too flustered to think straight. "You backstabbing jackass! I'm coming for you!" I sprint in his direction, no longer caring about how dumb I probably look.

Time for some revenge.

a/n~
Hoiii! So this is more of a short prompt I wrote with mah fren @akorns, so sorry it's short but I like it sooo....oof (Also I haven't played laser tag in a while so I apologize if stuff isn't correct lol)
                                                        ~ a waffle

oof (Also I haven't played laser tag in a while so I apologize if stuff isn't correct lol)                                                         ~ a waffle