[bonus chapter] - cookie dough and wattpad confessions

"I can't believe I agreed to do this

"I can't believe I agreed to do this."

"No take-backs now!" He yells, his back to me as he washes his hands in the sink.

"I'm aware," I say, sticking my hand in the container of sugar and sneaking up behind him. I sprinkle it over his head and snicker when he turns around.

"What'd you do?" He says instantly, and I shake my head, hiding my smirk behind my hand.

"What do you mean? I did nothing." He just hums, and somehow it sounds sarcastic.

"I don't believe you."

I snort. "Okay?"

He grins. "Okay."

"Not a good time for that, Arch."

"Right. Anyways, can you grab the flour and milk? I'll get the bowls." I nod and open the fridge, pulling out everything we need to make 20 servings of cookie dough.

Because why not, I guess? To be honest, I've never cooked anything in my life. Except for the occasional eggs and whatnot. It was his idea. I mean what else are we supposed to do on a snowy Saturday morning? Mom had to go to an early shift, so he came over and basically forced me to make cookie dough with him.

Anyways, twenty servings and we plan to eat it all, yep.

After a few failed attempts at measuring the flour, I pour it into the bowl with a huff, turning to Archer as he slams the bowls on the table. I jump back and glare at him.

"You broke my focus." He snorts.

"Oops?" I roll my eyes and wave my hand at the counter.

"Go get the speaker. Play some music. Your voice is making my ears bleed." He scoffs, but doesn't oblige as he snatches the speaker from the counter and takes his phone out from his pocket.

I assumed he was going to play some sort of old music, but as soon as the beginning of "Steal My Girl" reaches my ears, I squeal and drop the spoon I was holding, ignoring it as it clatters to the floor.

I start screaming the lyrics, glancing at Archer as he mutters something about him making my ears bleed. I snort and take his hand, pausing for a moment to catch my breath.

"Can I have this dance?" He scoffs at my question and shakes his head, grinning.

"What're we, Troy and Gabriella? No, too cliche. And this song isn't even a slow dance, it's like a-" I lean forward and kiss him, pulling away with satisfaction when I catch the bewildered look on his face.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine. Whatever." I smirk and pull him over to me, taking his hand and putting mine on his shoulder. He rolls his eyes again, quirking an eyebrow as he glances down at me. "You're too cliche. It's actually giving me hives."