The Lost Boys. Chap 12: The vengence of the Thirds

Chapter Twelve

The Vengeance of the Thirds

It was early, so it was still dark outside the window, but I was so excited that I couldn't stay still in bed for one more second

It was early, so it was still dark outside the window, but I was so excited that I couldn't stay still in bed for one more second. Even though this day wasn't that special for everybody else here, since it was week two of their second semester and they'd known their routine, classes and teachers already for half a year, for me it was my first day of school.

Seth got up from his bed and went to the bathroom, shirtless but with sweat pants on. He didn't seem to mind having a girl sharing the room with him.

He soon emerged all dressed up and with his hair fully styled. How he could manage that amazing hair in so short a time, I would never know. He noticed me gawking and smiled.

"So, looking good?" he teased lightly, smoothing the side of his hair.

"Yeah. Not many people can pull that hair off, but you totally manage," I mused. He really did. Waves of blond locks pushed tightly upwards in a small mohawk. He looked really good.

Seth beamed, satisfied with my answer. "Better hurry up and get ready quickly, Joe, otherwise I won't be able to give you the tour," he said, winking and putting his sneakers on.

I jumped out of bed and darted to the bathroom. I was showered and dressed in ten minutes, with my baggy blue jeans and gray sweater on, hair high up in my usual ponytail.

That earned me raised eyebrows from Seth. "Whoa, that was wicked fast! I have never witnessed a girl get ready so quickly. You're something else, Joe Gray."

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my backpack, deciding to take that as a compliment.

Seth walked with me to his locker first, and helped me find mine afterwards. Then he showed me the school venues, pointing me first to the west wing, where the girl's dormitories were. The boy's dormitories were in the east wing. The classrooms were in the middle of the stone building, and at the back were located the basketball court, pool area, music auditorium and theater. 

The building in its entirety was three storeys high, and apparently the third floor was designated as the teachers' private quarters along with some exclusive students' bedrooms. Third-floor students didn't have to share rooms. No wonder obnoxious Tiffany was up on the third floor.

The school looked like a gigantic old monastery.

Everything was built with gray, dull blocks of heavy stone. The hallways were freezing cold, and constantly swept by a chilling wind.

Then the bell rang, indicating the start of classes, ending my tour around the school. I wasn't sharing any classes with Seth today, but after we hastily exchanged our timetables I saw that we were in many classes together over the week. That cheered me up a bit. Seth walked me to the door of my first classroom and waved me goodbye, disappearing to find his own.