How Things Work

The four animatronics all stared at the pair of eyes, their faces now flooded with fear. You looked up at Baby as you, too, began to panic. "W-who is that?" You whispered. But the room was dead silent.

Without a reply, Baby immediately grabbed you and shoved you behind her larger form, almost causing you to stumble and fall during the process. She tightly held on to your arm, so tightly that it hurt you to move. Her other hand had balled into a tight fist as she glared at the being standing in the dark room before them.

They knew him...

"Oh, no need to be alarmed... I've just come by to say... hello." The being said in a hushed tone. But his voice seemed to echo through Circus Control due to how low and menacing it was.

"What do you want?!" Ennard growled. Baby had ushered Ballora and Funtime Freddy out of Circus Control, ordering them to go to the office to warn the others to stay put. But she wasn't letting you go.

The strange being continued, just as if he hadn't acknowledged Ennard's question. "I'm astonished of you Ennard; keeping ourselves in tack are we? I was certain you would've rusted and fallen to bits and pieces by now... But I guess not." The being then glanced at Baby, noticing you behind her. He gave a half grin and walked out of the shadows.

A horrified expression covered your face as you saw, not an animatronic, but a man. His punctured skin was a pale, rotten purple and it clutched closely to his bones in a sickening fashion, his eyes were creamy white and dead, his napy, black hair was kept underneath an old tattered security guard's hat, and he wore matching close that were the same color as his rotten flesh. He held his thin, scarred arms behind his back, as if trying to act polite. Upon closer inspection, you saw a rusty gold name tag. The letters on it were faded, but you could read a name.

'William Afton'.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here?" Afton cooed. Before he could advance towards you, Ennard moved in front of you and Baby and balled up his fist, making the man come to a stop. For a moment, he was bewildered by Ennard's sudden aggression, but he soon shrugged it off as nothing. "Oh, come now, Ennard. Let's not be hasty." The man teased. "Don't you dare come near her." Ennard spat, his voice low and filled with burning rage. Baby had loosened her grip on your arm after noticing how tightly she was holding onto you. Ennard then repeated his question from earlier. "What do you want from us?"

The man, or Afton, grinned and then brought his arms out from behind his back. Ennard and Baby went wide eyed with alarm as Afton held a small, strange looking gun in his hand. "There's no need to get your wires in a knot, Ennard. I've already collected what I needed from the Funtime animatronics." Afton then used his free hand to pull something from his pocket. He held two small, grey disks at his fingertips, one of which had a part chipped off from it. "As you two know, these are Power Modules. I've collected them for an experiment I'm working on." He then opened a small hatch on the side of the gun and inserted one of the discs into it, putting the chipped one back into his pants pocket. "But, sadly, I've broken one of the discs. And I need three for my creation to work effectively."

You let out a small gasp as the man raised the gun, pointing it directly at Baby. "I could make the two Modules that I need, but that would take some time. And during that time, all of you could easily hunt me down and stop me..." Afton paused for a second, glancing between the three of you. Taking his time, making his choice. He then gave an evil, twisted grin.

"So let me destroy you all!"

Before you could blink, Afton had pulled the trigger. Baby flinched as the gun fired, expecting to be hit, but the gun was no longer aimed at her...