↬i wanna be down(1)//Riley

A basketball player that brought glory to his hometown.

Someone that was too smart for his own good, which worked for and against him.

He may not be a pillar the community,

He comes across as a jerk sometimes ,

But there so many layers of him that many don't see.

He is loyal and has a caring soul, even when he tried his hardest to hide it.

He stood up for those he cared for, even if that meant he'd take some trouble.

He has a soul of gold that he shields from the world

But he's not like the rest of the teens in Woodcrest

He's a black male

He's looked at with no respect

They can't connect with him because to them he's a threat.

Based on his skin color.....

Today's that day my best friend gets out of the hospital.

I haven't seen him since the day of the incident and Riley has refused to let any of his friends come see him while he's in the hospital.

Huey says when things like this happen, the victim is often conflicted and needs time to recover physically and mentally but I can't help but feel as if this is all
my fault.

three weeks earlier//

"Wow so you're really gonna make a nigga draw 4? That's foul y/n!" Riley exclaimed while grabbing his cards from the stack.

Every Friday, after school around 6:30, Riley and Y/N would play uno while they'd eat and play music on top of the Freeman's household roof.

Y/N liked playing on top of the roof so she could watch the sunset. Riley personally wasn't as observant and didn't care about the scenery as long as there was uno and You he was cooling.

They would play until 11 and then watch movies in Riley's room. Most of the time, Y/N would spend the night at his house since her parents would stay out on the weekends.