special chapter 5.5

In The Style of Secret Love – Gakupo X Luka Special

A boy, about 15 years old, nervously walked down a school hallway. He clutched a photo in his sweating hands. He had long purple hair, bright blue eyes, and a serious expression on his face. He went by the name Gakupo.

Her classroom's around here, right? Megurine-san… Gakupo thought, staring at the photo. It was a picture of a tall girl with long, bright-pink hair and blue eyes. She had a gentle smile on her face, and her skin looked like porcelain.

"Let's see, class 3-4, which should be right here—whoa, excuse me!" Gakupo found himself running right into a girl standing in the hallway.

"I'm really sorry," Gakupo said, looking up. He gasped in disbelief at the sight of the girl's face. He looked to her, then the photo, then to her again.

"Y—you're Megurine Luka-san!" Gakupo breathed.

"Indeed I am," the girl, Luka, said. "You really should watch where you're going. Are you new here? I haven't seen your face around."

"Yeah, I'm Kamui, Kamui Gakupo. From class 1-4," Gakupo said, bowing. "We've met before, remember?"

"I don't recall," Luka said, irritated. "I really should be getting to class. If you want to get to class 1-4, it's on the third floor. Just go down the hall and there are stairs there—"

"That's not what I came for," Gakupo said. "Megurine-san, I lo—lo—lo—" He couldn't make out the words. Come on, Gakupo, it's only three simple words! You just gotta say it! he thought.

"Lololo? I'm not fluent in gibberish. I'm sorry, I really should be getting to class. Bye," Luka snapped, dashing into her classroom.

Gakupo felt like he had been slapped in the face. I couldn't say it, he thought. I'm comfortable with all the other girls, but I could barely even strike up a conversation with Megurine-san. She probably thinks I'm a loser. And she doesn't even remember me after all the times we've shared!

Gakupo stared at the photo in his hands. I'm sorry, Megurine-san, he thought, gently putting the photo in his pocket and sadly walking away.

"…And so you square N to get the quotient, then add the quotient and B together, then multiply them, and then you've solved the equation!"

Luka, tuning out all the classroom noises, looked sadly out the window. I was so mean to himshe thought. Of course I could never forget Gakupo-kun! But whenever I talk to boys, my brain stops working and I act that way towards them

Luka and Gakupo had been best friends ever since elementary school. Luka remembered the first day she had met Gakupo as if it were yesterday.

"Ha ha! Now your clothes match your hair," a little boy taunted.