24: Family Reunion

Dominic just looked at Isabel. She was still tending to Derek, but he could feel everyone else's eyes on him. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out as if his vocal cords had been severed.

"How did you know it was him?" Derek asked as Isabel's blood finished its job.

"When I looked over the entire dead pool." Isabel stood and turned to Dominic. "When I saw there was no Dominic Edwards on the list."

"I wanted to tell you, Isabel," Dominic finally said. "But you had a life now. Someone that loves you. I didn't want to barge in on that."

"So you left me to find out from a hit list of supernatural creatures? When you heard about Vincent and Kenton, you couldn't have sent a letter? A phone call? Anything to let me know you weren't dead?"

"I'm sorry. I know I should have. I just... I didn't know how to walk back into your life again."

"'Hi, Isabel. This is your father. I'm alive a well.' How hard could that be?"

"Wait a minute...," Melissa said, looking between the two.

"This isn't the place to discuss this. Not while lives are in danger."

"Show me your eyes."

"What?"

"Show me your eyes. Your real eyes."

Dominic sighed and flashed his eyes, bright blue, although not as bright as Isabel's.

"Good. He didn't force you to turn. This discussion isn't over." She went past him and into the elevator. "You guys coming?"

~~~

Lindsey and Stiles ran down the hall screaming Scott's name.

"In the vault. In there with you!" Stiles said.

"It's called reishi mushrooms!" Lindsey cried. "It's in a jar on one of the shelves. It's the antidote!" Neither heard anything. "Scott!" She started banging on the wall. "Scott!"

Stiles joined in on the banging and screaming. "Scott! Open the door! Please! Scott!" They did this for several minutes.

"Scott!" Silence. The adrenaline from having a gun to her head started to wear off and Lindsey fell to her knees, shaking and sobbing. "Scott..."

Stiles put his head against the stone. "We were too late," he whispered. He slid down the wall and pulled Lindsey close to him. "We were too late."

Lindsey sobbed into his shoulder. They were in that position for several minutes before the wall started to slide open. Lindsey and Stiles moved back. Scott fell out of the doorway, panting. He looked around and saw Stiles, looking at him like a dying man in the desert seeing an oasis.

"You're okay?" Stiles asked.

Scott nodded. They went into the vault to check on the others. Stiles ran to Malia, who hugged him.

"You came back!" she cried.

"I'll never leave you behind."

"Why are you covered in blood?" Isaac asked when he pulled away from Lindsey's hug.

Lindsey had forgotten about that and reached up and touched her cheek and looked down at the blood on her fingers.

"Rafe killed the assassin that did this," Stiles said as Lindsey's legs turned to jelly, the adrenaline disappearing and the shock that she almost died setting in.

"Lindsey!"

"I want Sean," she whispered, tears in her eyes. "I want my brother."