21: An Eventful Test

Isabel returned to the hospital, a suspicion in her mind on who the mysterious Dominic Edwards was. As she stepped off the elevator to return to Braeden's room, she stopped. Realizing she couldn't sense any supernaturals on the floor. Her heart raced, hoping that the reason she couldn't sense him wasn't because he was dead. She all but ran into the room.

"Isabel?" Derek asked, concern on his face. "Are you okay?"

Isabel sat on the armrest of the chair.

"That was a long trip for something to drink."

"Stiles found me. His dad was here overnight for observation."

"Why?"

"Berserkers attacked the truck and took Violet. They left Rafe and Stilinski alive, thank God."

"No kidding."

"Lydia unlocked the last third of the dead pool and a name came up that I didn't expect."

"Who?"

"My father. I went to Devin to see if he'd know about it."

"I'm sorry? Did you just say your father was on the dead pool?"

"It really sounds odd now that I'm saying this out loud, but yes, apparently Daddy didn't sacrifice his life like we thought he did." She looked down at Derek. "And there's another thing."

"What?"

"I can't sense you anymore."

~~~

Lindsey bounced her leg as she took her test, biting on her pencil as she read each question and wondering why she didn't just wait until her junior year. She heard a thump behind her and turned to see a dark-haired girl had fallen out of her seat.

"Sydney!" Natalie cried running over to her, helping her up. "Are you alright?"

Sydney looked around, embarrassed. "I'm okay," she said. "I just got kinda dizzy."

Natalie helped her in her seat then noticed something on her wrist. "How long have you had this?"

"I don't know."

"Ms. Martin," the test supervisor said. "Do I need to stop the test?"

"No, um, it's fine."

Lindsey glanced over at her friends.

"Everyone stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute."

Lindsey wasn't the only one to notice Natalie seemed to be acting differently. She said something to the supervisor, which earned an odd look. Scott looked over at Sydney as she looked at her arm.

Lindsey turned in her seat. "You okay?" she whispered.

Sydney nodded.

"Miss Chasseur, face forward please."

Lindsey turned around.

A few minutes later they heard Natalie yelling. "Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside!"

This drew the entire classroom into the hall to see what was going on.

Natalie turned and saw everyone. "Back to your seats. Now."

Everyone shuffled in, Scott coming in last and closing the door. He stopped and turned his head as if he were listening.

"What?" Lindsey asked in a whisper.

"She's calling the CDC."

~~~