16: Tracking

"Where is Stilinski?" Isabel muttered.

She'd been keeping an eye on Garrett though out the game. Davenport Prep seemed to be focusing on Liam, giving him the brunt of the abuse and tackles. Scott, Stiles, and Isaac had to keep Liam from fighting them, several times. Danny was fighting to keep the other team from scoring, but they were still scoring. Beacon Hills was trailing, partially because the lead players weren't exactly focusing on the game. Kira scored and then was benched for not following the play, leaving Scott, Isaac, and Stiles to keep Liam from shifting. The next play saw Davenport's wolf crashing into Liam and Garrett crashing into them. All three ended up on the ground not moving. Isabel darted out to the field upon hearing the scream. The two teams gathered around the fallen players. Isabel shoved through to reach Liam, who was now standing. Brett was still on the ground.

"How hard did you hit him?" Scott asked.

"I didn't," Liam answered. "He hit me." The young Beta showed Scott his broken arm.

"Close your eyes."

Isabel moved her body to hide what Scott was doing. She glanced over at the other wolf as Scott realigned the bone so it could heal. The other Valkyrie was on the field now. The EMT helped him to his feet.

"I should go with him," the Valkyrie said.

"Are you his father?"

"I'm the closest thing he has to one."

"I'm sorry, sir. You can call his mother but I can't let you come with us." The Valkyrie ran a hand through his hair.

"Are you cut?" Scott suddenly asked, drawing Isabel's attention back to her pack. "Did Garrett cut you?"

"No, no. I'm okay."

"Then he missed."

"What are you talking about?" Isabel asked.

"It's you, Liam. You're the one he's after."

"Get Liam over to the bench," Coach said. "I want to make sure he didn't hurt his leg again."

"Yes, Coach."

Garrett was smirking as he passed by Isabel. The teams were dispersing back to their sides.

Isabel followed them, Lindsey meeting them. "Are you okay?" the teen asked. "What happened?"

"Garrett missed," Scott said.

"He was after Liam?"

"We think so."

"Why would Garrett miss?"

"I don't know."

Stile's phone went off and he looked at the text. "Guys," he said. "Lydia just broke another third of the list." He showed them the list.

"He's didn't miss," Isabel said, sprinting away towards the locker rooms.

Dominic saw Isabel suddenly take off in a run, followed by one of the wolves. He looked around before following them. By the time he reached the locker room, he could hear the sounds of a struggle. Dominic reached the door just as he heard a thud. Isabel was over Brett protectively. A teenage girl was on the floor. The wolf was standing between them, his eyes glowing bright red, a broken wire hanging off his shoulder.

"He's still alive," Isabel said, seeing him in the doorway. Dominic went to Brett, who seemed to be struggling to breathe.

Another player rushed into the room. "What the hell?"

"I think you need to call your dad," the Alpha said.

"And we need to get Brett to Deaton," Isabel added.