Four || Borderline

BorderlineHavenland - Mainland Hospital | Year 2185

Borderline
Havenland - Mainland Hospital | Year 2185

* * *

Jiyeon

The confusion was distracting, "wait, what?"

The nurse gives me a weird look. She was just about to speak up when the prince bursted through the door. He's back again. For some reason. I tightly hold my child in my arms. I was afraid that the prince would take him away. And it sure did get the 'Park Seja' off my mind.

He looks from me to the child. His face fixated onto the child's appearance. He was analyzing his facial features. He slowly walks to the left side of the bed and grabbed the doctors chair. He slumps down on his seat slightly struck for some reason.

"He's handsome," He starts.

I gulp and try to give him my best glare, "why are you doing this?"

He opens his mouth, but nothing came out for a few seconds.

"J-Just being nice while you pick your decision," He answers.

I feel my suspicion grow as I could barely believe what he said. He fiddled with his thumbs and looks down with a slightly scared face. I have never known that someone from the royal bloodlines could be so weak because of a child. Or is he only like this because of the decision? I'm getting even more confused by the minute.

"C-Can I-uh, hold him?" He quietly asks.

I nod slowly before slowly handing him Seja. He takes the child in my embrace. The baby must have realized that he was in new arms. At first, I thought Seja would start crying, but instead, he started giggling and tried gripping onto the prince's face. I'm guessing my baby likes him. Maybe my child is a very social butterfly.

* * *
Jimin

I had just left the room where I held Seja for the first time. Even if I didn't get to help pick the name of the child I still very much like it. It has a great meaning. It's what he shall be once he's older and can manage himself. He was handsome. Just like someone I know. I smiled to myself as I thought back to the moment he tried gripping onto my face. That was the sweetest moment. My father has been begging me to find a partner for the heir needs to be saved. I have found a partner, but I don't technically know if they will agree. And the fact that I didn't something to already start a new bloodline. Oh, if I told my parents this they would definitely disown me.

When I came into the room the tension in the air was really thick. It was coming from Jiyeon. She probably seemed suspicious of me. I just wonder why. Maybe I'll go talk to the nurse after this.

* * *

And I was correct. I pulled the nurse who brought Seja into his mother and asked what's she did.

"Did you say anything to her?" I ask with my arms folded over my chest.

"I just said, Park Seja," The nurse answers.

This is bad. Really bad. She isn't supposed to know that yet. I just hope the Jiyeon won't think too hard about it. I should try to get it off her head.

"Okay...thank you," I nod while I walk away and stand in front of the doorway of the hospital room.

I look through the window and find Seja's mother playing with him and his hands. I smirk to myself. This could be easier than anything. I just can't mess this up or else this would mess up my reputation and her life.

* * *
Jiyeon

I'm back home with my child in my arms. The guards and the chauffeur was still here. It's been almost seven days. It's the sixth day of the week that I must decide what I shall do. I shake my head in disappointment as I think of all the other consequences I would receive if I picked one or the other. My child was still sleeping beside me on the mattress. His cute little breathes escaping his nostrils. He was sprawled like he should. I can't deny it, that position is comfortable. His small arms were side by side near his head. His head was slightly tilted to the side. He was a cute little baby. I just wonder where he got his look from. The father, I don't know who the father is. But I have a feeling that it's someone he has already met and I know he hasn't met a lot of people. Just the guards, the prince, and me. And the guards along with the prince are males. My suspicion is being really weird.

I suddenly hear a knock on my bedroom door. I look up from my lap and to the white wooden door. I get up and open the door to reveal one of the guards. His posture is the same as usual. His arms behind his back with a straight face. I look up and him and smile. He smiles back, but it was short-lived.

"The prince has told me that he wants your answer today," The guard states.

I furrow my brows in confusion, "what? why?"

"The king has alerted all the guards to take the prisoners out for executions, an early execution means that the king is mad," The guard explained.

I gulp and quickly get ready to go. I take my child in my arms and follow the guard's tail. Once we're outside the guard named Jaemin opened the door for me. I silently give him a thank you before going inside and letting him close the car door. I start to shake in nervousness. I haven't even picked my decision yet. I have got too much on my mind. The decisions are one of them. This isn't how I planned this week out. The chauffeur starts up the car and drives away when everyone was inside and ready to head to the palace. The ride is quiet with just my heartbeat pounding against my chest. I'm nervous, scared, and shaken up by the sudden change. My child starts to stir in his deep slumber and so I try to keep him still and asleep. I succeeded, but to only realize that we're already at the palace.

The door to my side of the car is opened and I am let out and told to follow inside. I do as asked and trudge inside. Of course, there were no slightly big differences. Just the same old interior design I've seen since the last time I was here. I needed to find my brother soon. I need to tell him that I need more time. There is no way I can do this. My thoughts are stopped when someone from a distance catches my eyes. They do too and obviously, it had to be the prince.

"I believe I need your choice, Jiyeon," He smirks while slowly walking towards me and my child that is still cradled in my arms.

"Why can't you give me just one more day?" I grumbled as I try to back out a bit.

"No can do, the king is being impatient about something I did and I need it," He sneers slightly.

"Please-"

"No, if you can't make the choice I'll do it for you," He stares me down with his best menacing glare.

I'm slightly shocked, but keep my posture, "I-I don't k-know what to p-pick."

"The child is mine, I'll go get your brother,"

* * *
(The tea is just starting to boil 🤫)
Edited -not thoroughly