Midnight Day 5

She slips into her flat, glancing around the house quickly. As she tosses her shoes off, she notices a mug of hot chocolate on the kitchen counter.

A smile takes over her face as she picks the mug up and walks towards her living room.

"Thanks Roger," Angelina says as she motions to the mug in her hand. Roger smiles at her and pats the couch space beside him. Angel plops down beside him.

"What were you doing?" Roger asks as he channel surfs. Angel shrugs as she takes a sip from the mug. Donut races into the room and jumps onto Roger's lap, causing him to groan. The kitten curls up and goes to sleep.

"I was just getting a few things," An whispers her response. She sets the mug down on her coffee table, and takes the remote from Roger. "You're never going to find anything if you're too preoccupied by that kitten," Angel says as she changes the subject quickly.

He groans again and picks the sleeping kitten up into his arms. Donut purrs loudly and snuggles into his chest, wanting to get closer to the heat.

Suddenly, Roger flops over, so he's lying down, and he rests his head on Angel's lap. She frowns down at him and he smiles widely up at her, like a little kid. Roger carefully places the kitten on his chest and gets a little more comfortable.

"Want to watch Modern Family?" Angel asks Roger as she leans over his head to grab her hot chocolate. She rests the mug on Roger's forehead as she turns on the marathon. Roger flicks her hand that's holding the mug, motioning for her to get it off his head.

With her free hand, Angel flicks Roger's head, motioning for him to get his head off her lap. They frown at each other and neither makes a single move. He lets out a sigh as he lets the mug sit there.

"You can't forget to pick Jillian up at the airport this afternoon," Roger states as he pets the small kitten on his chest. Angel motions for him to shut up with her hand as she watches the screen.

"Can we not talk about work here? Home is a place to relax dude," Angel retorts as she slides deeper into her couch. Roger's head rests on her stomach. She swings her feet up on the coffee table to keep herself balanced.

"Fine, fine, you can't forget though. We're having a guest after all. You told me I can't forget to shave so you can't forget to pick her up," Roger replies with a snort. Angelina covers his mouth with her free hand.

"First of all, don't make that sound when Jill is here. Secondly, we're at home, so shush." The sleeping kitten stirs. An sends Roger a glare as she returns to watching the television. Roger sighs tiredly as he joins her in watching Modern Family.

"Can I have a sip of that?" Roger asks her quietly, as Angel takes a sip of her hot chocolate. She stares at him for a long moment.

"Only because you made it," she says with a defeated sigh. He quickly takes it from her hands and takes a long sip. Her eyes slowly widen as the length of his sip stretches longer and longer.

Eventually she simply takes the mug back in her hands and holds it with the hand farthest from Roger. He glares at her while he eyes the mug. The little kitten's eyes slowly open and stare at Roger.

His head swings back around to face the small kitten as it stretches and sits on his chest, Donut watches him with curious eyes.

His gentle smile makes Angel's heart swoop. She shakes her head quickly as she continues to watch the pair beside her.

His large hand comes up and he swings his finger in front of the kitten teasingly as she throws her paws out to try and catch it.

Angelina moves to the side, allowing Roger's head to fall onto the couch. She takes her now empty mug with her while she hurries off to the kitchen. Roger watches her go, his head tilted in confusion.