Midnight Day 4

She taps her pencil against the coffee mug sitting on her counter. A piece of blank paper sits in front of her. It judges her more by the second; it laughs about how she can't think about anything and mocks her brain. She isn't inspired, so she doesn't have any ideas. No ideas bounce into her head.

She starts with a simple line. Angel stares at it for a few seconds. She scrunches up the page and tosses it into the trash bin.

A new blank page sits underneath it. An stares at it. She pulls her laptop closer and opens her inbox.

The email from Jill sits there with a PowerPoint attached. She opens the slideshow up and flips through the pictures of sculptures. Her mind wonders about what she should do.

Some of the sculptures interest her, others are absolutely pointless. She looks at the allowed measurements and looks back to the blank page.

Her pencil comes back into contact with the white page. She reaches across the counter top and grabs her ruler. After drawing a few straight lines and connecting them, she adds small details.

She doesn't have any idea about what it'll become, but she just kind of sits there for a while and sketches.

Eventually her hand reaches for her mug and she takes a large gulp of cold hot chocolate. With a groan of annoyance, she stands up to reheat the hot chocolate. As she taps her foot waiting for the hot chocolate in the microwave, she glances down the hall to her bedroom door.

From her current angle, Angel can see Roger spread out on the bed like butter on bread. She laughs at her thoughts. Roger quickly rolls over, his snoring gets louder.

The microwave beeps and Roger groans loudly at the loud sound. Angel quickly opens the microwave and retrieves the mug. She sips the warm liquid out of it and returns to her spot that's cluttered by papers and pencils.

Her mug is set an arm’s length away from the drawing.

She picks the doodle up and looks at it for a few moments before setting it down with a sigh. She's getting some where’s, just not some where’s in the right direction.

It's pushed aside for now, just in case she doesn't come up with anything better.

Her ruler is set against the paper again and her latest painting comes to mind. She begins sketching the buildings and their finer details. She pulls another piece of paper out to sketch a different angle of the sculpture.

By the time Roger is groggily getting out of bed, Angel sketched two dozen different views of the sculpture.

The buildings are all being pulled into a sink hole that would be facing towards the building's doors. The buildings are set on an angle so it would pull the attention of walkers passing by to check out the piece.

Angel spent all night researching different buildings that she could use for the piece. In the end of everything, she decided on some of her favorite buildings in Montreal. Angel believed even if other people don’t like her choices, well too bad for them.

She’s herself, and that’s why you don’t see someone making the other half of the sculpture. She’s the lone sculptor for the project, and she’s pretty god damned proud of that.

She smiles at her work. Angel scrunches up the earlier idea and tosses it into the trash bin with a few others.

Roger looks at her with an odd look as he pulls some coffee from the cupboard and makes himself a cup of coffee.

"Were you up all night?" he asks her accusingly. She gives him a shy smile as she collects her pencils and the blank pages.

Angel stuffs the drafts into a nearby empty folder and exits the kitchen.