Midnight Day 8

Angelina stands in her studio, staring at the canvas in front of her. She's happy with the drawing, but doesn't know what colors to paint it.

She could do it in black and white, or rainbow.

Angel glares at the pencil lines in front of her. Her hand reaches for her mug of hot chocolate, bringing it to her lips and taking a sip. She glances into the mug to find it empty. Only a small dribble of hot chocolate is left.

She tips the mug back above her mouth and watches the little dribble slide down her mug. It lands in her mouth and she licks her lips, satisfied with the cool brown liquid.

Once again, she returns her focus to the canvas. The lines glare at her like in the past, but she won't allow the graphite to win.

Angel shuffles around the room, picking up at paint tubes that were strewn about. After all of the colors are collected, she looks over her choices.

She could go with neutral tones and bring out the background with a brighter color. Her hand reaches for the phone and dials Ben's number.

A tired moan is heard on the other end of the line and Angel laughs lightly.

"Did I wake you up?" she teases. Another moan and the ruffling of blankets are heard. "Well, sorry about that. I was just wondering if you had any idea about how I should paint my newest piece. It's for a collection, but I have new clue about what colors to use," Angelina explains to the sleepy man.

"Just follow your heart. Close your eyes and whatever color your hand lands on, go with different shades of that color. That's what I do sometimes," Ben replies tiredly. Angel hums and stares at her choices. She has at least a dozen shades of every color.

"Thanks Ben. How about I buy you coffee and a bagel in the morning for waking you up?" Angel offers. Ben's happy hum is good enough for Angel. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Make it a triple," Ben says before hanging up. Angelina shakes her head with a laugh and hangs up the phone.

She glances at the paints on last time before closing her eyes. Her hand wave back and forth above the colors before she stops moving them. Her fingers slide down and land on a tube of paint. Slowly, she opens her eyes.

Angel picks up the color with a happy sigh. Orange, her favorite color. With another happy sigh, Angel pulls out all the shades of orange she has in her studio.

She collects a few empty jars and shuffles to the kitchen to fill them with water. On her journey, she hears sounds coming from the living room.

After placing the jars in the sink, she walks into the living room to see what the sounds were. Roger sits on the couch with a controller between his hands.

He doesn't even notice Angel in the archway as he starts quietly yelling at the television screen.

He's playing Super Smash Bro's Brawl. Roger's yelling at Bowser at the moment, playing a duel against the machine. The way he's throwing the controller around just shows how angry he is.

Angel stands in the archway giggling quietly to herself as she watches him play.

"I didn't know you were having an affair with Bowser," she suddenly says. Roger pauses the game quickly and turns to her with wide eyes. "I thought you went to bed."

"I did, but I couldn't fall asleep. I noticed you had the game plugged in, so I thought it'd be alright if I played," Roger replies awkwardly. He glances between Angelina and the screen a few times before finally setting his gaze on Angel.

Angel lets out a hum and walks back off to the kitchen. She fills a few jars with water and shuffles back to her studio.

She settles onto her stool and stares at the canvas. Her mind maps out what shade will go where as she picks a few brushes up and places them inside a jar. She grabs a clean palette and squirts a couple shades onto it.