Midnight Day 2 [Part 1]

A small kitten is wrapped in her arms. She pets its head and whispers in its ear. The long white fur tickles her arms as the kitten wiggles free, wishing to explore.

After work, Angelina had picked up a kitten that she saw online. She knew she'd get lonely if she didn't have something other than her art occupy herself with. Her emotions would start pouring onto the canvas sooner or later.

The small snowball like creature runs around the house with little thuds. Angel laughs at the kitten watching it run out her bedroom door and begin exploring.

Finally, with the kitten out of sight, she falls back onto her bed. She had a long day at the workshop. She wasn't even checked her emails yet. She's not in the mood to be yelled at by Roger to go pack her bags so they can fly to Hong Kong, at Roger's expense.

The offer didn't sound half bad, but she didn't want to seem that needy. She's never gone chasing after a man that didn't want her. Her choice was to always let him go and pick up a razor blade.

This time was different though. Alfred had helped her through her problem with self harm, so she wasn't going to turn to it once he was out of her life. Instead she would turn to her paintings where her heart was guided by Al.

Her slipper covered feet shuffle towards her studio. She's in the mood to paint again, but she doesn't know what to paint.

She sits on her stool for a while. Her elbows rest on her knees as she peers out the window, simply wondering about what will take over the blank space. She reaches for a paintbrush, her fingers gracing the wooden shaft.

Angel takes it in her grasp and moves it towards the canvas. She creates a fake picture, imagining what could be. A car alarm breaks her chain of thought as she peers out the window again.

The bright city lights flicker in her gaze. She launches herself towards her laptop, opening it quickly and looking up a day time city skyline of Hong Kong. She could do both night time, but it wouldn't mean as much as day and night.

She picked up the nearest pencil and began making the straight lines and uneven roof tops. Her pace slowly picked up as she noticed the moon getting higher in the sky. Angel wanted to finish the drawing portion before she went to bed.

The mews of her new kitten, which she named Donut, echoed around the house as she drew.

With a huff, Angel drops her pencil and shuffles into the kitchen and fills a bowl with kitten food and another with warm milk.

Her footsteps are more hurried as she shuffles back to her studio to finish the sketch.

Her pencil glides across the canvas, getting the small details on now. Such as windows and lights. A few signs even make up the painting to be.

Angel smiles at her drawing. Her mind wonders about how she would paint it. She found her camera that she has at home and takes a picture of the drawing.

Afterwards she tucks the painting neatly into a case so she can finish it at the workshop in the morning.

Donut's mews are now heard coming from the bedroom where Angel shuffles to. Her laptop is under one arm and a mug of hot chocolate is between her fingertips.

She plops down on her side of the bed, Donut curled up on the other.

Carefully, she sets the mug on her bedside table and opens up her laptop. She can't avoid Roger all day, or else he may just yell at her on the morning.

The dings over whelm her as she opens her inbox. Around eight emails from Roger, a few from random websites she has an account on, and one that peaks her interest; an email sent by Alfred.