Noon Day 1,249 (2 Years Later)

She yawns loudly and stretches her arms above her bed. She pushes herself farther under the blankets while doing so, accidently pushing against the headboard.

She glances around the room, her eyes landing on the clock. 12 pm. Her eyes widen as she slips out of bed.

Angelina pulls on a robe and slips out of her bedroom. Roger wasn't present, maybe he's in the kitchen.

She shuffles down the wood floored hallways, glancing into the nursery on the way down. Alvira wasn't there, hopefully she was with Roger.

The closer she gets to the kitchen, one sound gets louder. Giggling. Angel peers around the corner into the kitchen. A smile takes over her face.

Roger is sitting on the counter; Alvira is sitting on his lap. He's moving a spoon around in the air like an airplane. Alvira reaches for it, but Roger's moves it away from her. It causes her to giggle loudly and try again. They repeat the process until Roger finally gives in and spoons the food into her mouth.

Angelina makes her presence known as she moves towards the table and sits in her chair. He smiles at her and she smiles back. Roger continues to feed their daughter until all the food is gone.

"How long have you two been awake for?" she asks her husband. Roger shrugs as he slips off the counter with Alvira in his arms.

"A couple hours I guess. Alvira was still asleep when I woke up, but she must have been playing some time this morning because her toys in her crib her set up," Roger responds as he passes his daughter to Angelina.

Angel smiles down at the now sleeping baby in her arms. Roger brings Angelina into a hug as they both peer over their child, smiles on both of their faces.

**

"Honey, he's just one of my father's workers. He wanted to know how we were doing. My father just wanted to make sure we were taking care of Angelo," she tries to reason.

Alfred continues to pack all his clothing away. Once his clothing is packed within a box and a couple suitcases, he grabs one more suitcase and walks to his son's room.

He packs up Angelo's clothing as well. Kisha continues to reason with him, but he's tuning her out at that point.

"I'll be coming for the house in three days. You better have left by then," Alfred hisses at her. Her eyes are wide and tears are streaming down her face. "I paid for this house and everything in it. You stayed home and used all this stuff. It's my house. I'm not afraid to bring the police into this. We'll be getting a divorce once you've found a place to stay."

After those words, he grabs Angelo's hand and walks out of his house. They walk to the car and drive off. It may be midnight, but the city is still alive.

They drive to a nice hotel and Alfred gets them a room. Angelo is confused about the whole thing, but he follows his father into the elevator and to their room.

Alfred sets their clothing in the drawers and shoves the suitcases and box into a random corner. Angelo is pulling a pajama shirt over his head, but his arm gets stuck and he wiggles, making it worse.

Alfred lets out a laugh as he walks over to his son and straightens him out. Angelo smiles shyly at him father. Al picks Angelo up and lays him on the bed, tucking him in under the blankets.

"I'm just going to take a shower, okay? You won't open the door, right?" Alfred asks his son. The boy nods in return and snuggles deeper into the blankets.

Alfred walks off into the bathroom with a heavy sigh. Why did this happen now? After all these years, why now?

**