60

rylands pov

i slipped on a thick black hoodie, a black cap and some dark wash denim jeans. i could barley see my outfit in the gleaming moonlight that was slipping through my window.

i needed to get out of the house anyway.
and i needed a beer.

everything had been so complicated lately. shane still wasn't talking to me; he wasn't replying to any of the spam. he want even online.

it felt like i had lost a piece of me. a annoying, bossy, mysterious, fuckboy piece of me; but the post important piece.

i wore out the front door as silently as i can and bolt to the trashy subaru sitting on the curb.

i open the dirty silver door and a wave of xxxtentacion's 'everybody dies in thier nightmares' rolls out of the car. i jump in and slam it shut behind me, shifting my ass into a comfortable position as rachel shifts into gear and zooms away.

"you know what happened right?" she says, he lip wavering a little.
"what happened?" i ask.
"x. he died." she is barley able to speak, choking on her words.
"shit." i take a swig of the nearly empty vodka i was holding in my hands.
rachel keeps staring strait, taking puffs of the burning cigarette. a single tear rolls down her face, but she keeps ignoring the flow of tears and keeps driving. i try to ignore them too, but i can't. i've never seen her cry.

rachel was always tough. even if she came to school with a black eyes and a bloody lip she would have her shining white smile.
'it was worth it' she always said.

but she was broken.
we were all broken.

the car jerks left up the steep hill, leading to the final destination. i suddenly realise that we are heading to ruby couch.

nerves bubble in my stomach, rocking and thrashing like a storm in a ocean. the alcohol barley containing the anxious mess that i was currently.

last time rachel bought me here was to see shane. was she going to do it again?
was i going to be forced to see the man of my dreams, who i once was deeply in love with?
and how i might been ever deeper in love with?
what about how he hates me because he thinks i abused my ex boyfriend and will do the same to him?

does he even know that's fake?
does he even want to see me?
does he even know i want to see him?

-
garrett's pov

"shane!" i pound on his door for the 17th time. "i know your in there! your reading all my texts! come out!" i wasn't worried that his parents would be home, i knew they went out on saturdays.

"SHANE! OPEN THE FUCK UP!" i holler.
"IM NOT GOING TILL YOU OPEN THE DOOR." i screech louder, praying that he can hear me.
the door softly clicks, and creaks open, revealing a ghost. i jump back nervously, but i realise it's shane.

"jesus what happened to you?" my eyes scan his face, his body. his eyes were no longer lit up, but dull and sunken in. rims of purple bags underneath his eyes hide a black eye. well, but not too well. a oversized green shirt hangs loose on his body, and a huge jumper covers his knees.
i pull him into a long hug, his body shaking.
"it's ok shane. everything is ok." i softly wisper into his ear.
silent tears run from his eyes, his broken body pushed into mine.
his broken heart pounds softly against my own.

"shane. i have to tell you something." holding his hand, i drag him inside, closing the faded wooden door behind us.

we stand in his living room. There was one single lamp illuminating his face; casting shadows around the room. his breathing is slow but uneven, quickening in parts and stopping briefly in others.

"it's about ryland. but you need to come with me first."

_____________
[A/N: going to make the next one longer than 683 words :/
also i'm going to be putting some of xxxtentacions songs in here.
rest well x 🙏🏼💔]