41

rachel's pov

"ryland keeps texting me." shane says guiltily, shoving the cracked phone it his back pocket.

it is currently 3rd period math, and we had skipped it to get this garrett sitch sorted.
and by sorted i meant i was going to beat the shit out of him.

"i just don't know how he could do this to ryland." sighs shane, eyes scanning the empty basketball court.
"he better not pussy out." i mumble, eyes not leaving the faded blue doors, ready to catch any sign that garrett had arrived.

"chill out rachel." shane notices my balled fists and smirks.
"chill out? are you serious?" my eyes flicker away from the door as i turn my body to face shane, "after what he was saying to ryland? that sneaky fucking leach!"

"oh so now i'm a sneaky fucking leach?" a deep voice says behind me. I spin around, my eyes landing on a tall boy with messy, dirty blonde hair. stubble lines his crafted jawline, his eyes like the world, soft blues, toned greens with fluffy white. Garrett's eyes stare into mine, his head tilted down to reach my brown ones.

"you got tall. leach." my poker face not breaking his.
"maybe you got shorter nosy bitch" he smirks.
i narrow my eyes, sparks flying from them. shane doesn't dare interrupt, so he stands back in silence just observing.
"i didn't think you'd show up, pussy" i remark.
"since when have i ever not shown up for a fight?" the smirk still plastered on his face.
"since you know i would beat the shit out of you."
"oh don't worry baby, i wouldn't miss it for the world."

"don't call me baby you slug." my nails dig into my palms, my eyes never looking away.
"oh you don't like it baby girl?" he slips his hand around my waist like a snake and pulls me slightly closer to his chest.
"don't touch me." i say, but not forcing myself away.
his eyes finally flicker away, looking over to shane standing behind me, a mix of shock and confusion on his face.
"your quiet." garrett smirks.
"i—uh." unexpectedly, shane stutters, witch is something he never does.

i snap out of it and push my burning body away from garrett. "i came here to fight." i grit my teeth, "not play games."
shane gulps and decides to ignore what just happened, "how about a explanation!" he growls as he gets up in garrett's face.

"oh i can make a explanation alright." garrett mutters and pulls his out of his pocket, shoving it in shanes face.
"take a look."

_______________________________
[A/N: ty for all the comments you guys are legends]