The Party

As I got ready for the party, I wondered if my father was gonna come home tonight, or pass out on the sidewalk. I love my dad, but he really does have a drinking problem. I just hope it doesn't last forever, and he can actually start going to work again and support our family. We aren't the richest people in town, but we aren't the poorest either. I guess you could say we are right in the middle.

For the party, I picked out a cute pink frilly top, and some white shorts. I grabbed my phone and my white flats and headed downstairs to grab some food before I go to the party.

"Hey Mom, I'm just gonna grab a snack then I'm going to Joey's party okay?" I tell my mom as I search my fridge for a pudding and cheese stick. Man, I love cheese sticks.

My mom just nodded, and kept her eyes on her book. I grabbed two more cheese sticks and finished up my pudding. I got into my car, and started to drive to Sam's house, to pick her up.

To: Sammayyy;)

Hey, imma pick you up now for the party at Joey's house now, Kay?

From: Sammayyy;)

Yeah! I'll be on my porch! :)

When I got to Sam's house, I saw her sitting on her porch, patiently waiting.

"Oh my gosh! Samantha Greene! Why didn't you tell me you were going all out?!" I yelled to her. She was wearing a sleeveless top, jean shorts, and heels.

"Amy O'Gallager, this is not all out!!" She yelled back to me. I laughed as she said my Irish name. Yeah, I'm from Ireland. When I was 8 I moved from Ireland to the United States. I still have my accent though.

Sam got in my car and we started to drive to Joey's house.

"So Amy, rumor has it Joey likes a certain Irish lady." Sam said smiling at me.

I was kinda shocked. I mean, I sorta fancy Joey too, but I promised myself I wouldn't date him, just because that would be totally awkward.

"Oh..." is all I could say.

"Oh come on Amy. I know you like him. You know you like him. You should totally date! Like, you haven't even had your first kiss yet!" She says to me.

I shush her. "You don't need to tell the whole world!" I whisper yell to her.

"I'm just trying to help!"

"I don't want a boyfriend Samantha!"

We were quiet the rest of the car ride. When I pulled up to Joey's house, Sam nudged me. I looked at her confused.

"Are you mad at me Amy?" Sam asked me.

"No, I just don't like it when people get into my business. You know that." I say to her.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to help." We hugged and laughed. We got out of my car and faced eachother.

"So, who gets to drink tonight?" We both asked at the same time. I laughed a little. Her American accent and my Irish one sound so weird together.

You do, Amy, you drove. I'll just sleepover your house when we leave." Sam says to me.

"Sweet! Imma get my Irish on!" I yelled. We both laughed and went into Joey's house.

"The party may now begin, the party girls are here!" Sam and I said at the same time, again. Everyone laughed at our obnoxiousness. Let's get this party started!

-----------------

"Damn. Did I really propose to you Sam?" I rubbed my temple as I woke up the next day. Damn you hangovers.

"Really. And I was like the only one that wasn't wasted out of my mind. According to Josh, I looked hot, and he wanted to buy me a happy meal." She laughed as she said this, and I shushed her.

"That's funny, but hangover.." I said.

"Shit. Sorry. Want some aspirin?" Sam asked me.

I just nodded, and then remembered something.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"What's up Amy?"

"Tonight I have to go to a concert with Lacy. With a hangover."