Chapter Nine

EDITEDDDDDDDDD!

Chapter Nine

I hid out in the corner of the bleachers throughout the whole practice. I didn’t want anyone to see me. The cheerleaders had their practice while the football team had theirs. So I was at great risk for being seen.

Practice was dismissed and I was now waiting for Jesse to get out of the boy’s locker room.

“Hey.” I scream for the second time today. I turn around to see Jesse smiling at me. His hair was wet from the shower he just took.

“Jesse, what did I tell you about scaring me like that?” I yell at him.

“Sorry, are you ready?” He asks. I nod my head. “Are we just going to take one car?” I ask.

“Yeah sure, lets save the environment!” He says. “Can we take my car, I’m scared that when people see it, they’ll break in and take all my crap.”

He smiles. “Yeah, sure.” We walk over to my car and get in.

***

We arrived at the library. It was a pretty big library, five floors of books and computers. I used to come here a lot when I was a kid. After watching the movie Matilda when I was nine I wanted to be just like her. So I would come to the library every day and read a new book. It was fun getting lost in a world that was not yours. It would make me forget seeing ghost and having nightmares.

I stop coming after I had my breakdown that everyone in school witness.

“So I’ll hit the information section and you can go by the computers.” I tell Jesse. I like hitting the books more the internet. He nods and walks up to the third floor. The informational books were on the fifth floor. So I take the stairs and not the elevator. Elevators are creepy and I would rather walk up five flights of stairs then ride in a creepy elevator.

I walk up the last few steps and search the room. The only people here were the librarian behind the checkout/help counter and there were a few people reading books.

I walk to the back of the book shelves near the window and search back there. Angels. Demons. Vampires. Werewolves. Ghost. Here we go. Surprisingly there was a big section of ghost and other stuff in that nature. I look over the books that had to do with ghost. I grabbed Spiritual Beings And More, Ghost Uncovered, History of ghost, Ghost Siting in Alabama, and for the heck of it I got Exorcism: Do They Work? Satisfied with what I got I headed over to a nearby table and sat down.

I get out my notebook from my book bag and get a pencil. I open up History of Ghost to the table of contents. I scan through it until I see Why stay on earth?

In the bible of many religions, it has been said that when I person dies, only their body dies and their soul carries on to an afterlife. This is where the ‘so called myth’ is taken place. It has been said that a distressed soul stays on earth until at rest. Which is the cause of haunting and possession.

I write down this information on my notebook and get Spiritual Beings And More. I just turn to a random page Why do people see ghost? Was the first thing I saw. I would like to know too.

Ghosts have roamed around this world ever since death itself happened. Not everyone sees ghost or spiritual beings, but there are a selected few out there who have ‘The Sight’. These people are known as the ‘Chosen Ones’. They are claimed to have violet eyes and a birthmark just below their shoulder blade. This mark is called ‘The Mark Of The Angels’. These chosen ones were warriors, mentally but not physically. They have the power to but souls at rest and essentially send demons back to Hell—forever.