Chapter Five

Edited ;) and I don't hate British accents. They're cool.

Chapter Five

The next day I was sitting in my car and Emery was outside standing in front of the school door. I had a feeling that he was there for a reason. He was looking around the parking lot searching for someone or something. I am too scared get out, ever since that picture freaked me out for some reason I didn’t trust Emery. Well I didn’t trust anyone, but Emery was on top of my list. I like to call it the shit-list.

Emery looks around one more time and frowns. I guess he gave up on whatever he was looking for. He shrugs and goes inside but not before he looks at my car window and gave it a smile.

I jump a little. How did he know that I was in my car, how he did even know which one was my car? He must have not been looking at me; maybe he was smiling at someone behind my car. I was really getting paranoid.

I hear a loud tap on my window. I scream and jump out of my seat. I look over to the window, thinking it was Emery but it was Jesse. He looks at me and smiles, I just glare at him. I roll down the window.

“May I help you?” I ask rudely.

“Are you going to get out of your car soon? School starts in a few minutes.” He says, his smile never faltering. It was kind of annoying.

“I’ll get out whenever I want.” I retort back. I grab my book bag and look at my phone. He was right, school starts in five minutes.

“Now if you would please move out of the way so I could get out, that would be just wonderful.” I say with fake happiness. He opens the door to let me out. Wow, I real gentlemen.

I get out of the car and he closes the door.

“Why were you in there so long?” He asks walking next to me.

“That’s none of your business.” Doesn’t it bother him that he’s walking next to me? If we walk through those doors together people are going to freak out. I stop walking so he could go first and not have to deal with the embarrassment of walking with me.

He finally notices that I wasn’t next to him when he was just about to open the door.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

“I let you go in first.” I say. He looks confuses. “Why?”

“Um, I don’t want to embarrass you, you know, for being seen with me. I don’t want you to have to go through the drama.” I say nervously, looking at my hands sheepishly. Why was I so nervous! Man up, Athena!

“I’m not embarrassed being seen with you. I told you, I couldn’t care less what people think. Now, come on were going to be late for class.” He surprises me by saying that. To everyone I was an embarrassment; no one would dare be seen with me.

He grabs my hand and pulls me into the building. I shake my hand away from his. “Don’t touch me, ever!” I yelled.

“Okay, I won’t. Just come inside with me.” He opens the door and steps inside. I still stay behind him a little, afraid that it was too good to be true. Mr. Popular wants to be seen with me.

We walk in and everyone is silent. The fact that someone was in a five foot radius of me was probably national news. Everyone stares in shock and some glare—well everyone glares, like every day. I run to my locker, so that people would think it’s just a misunderstanding that Jesse was near me.

But of course Jesse wouldn’t have it. He follows me to my locker. Making people more confuses.

“What are you doing?” I whisper-yell at him. “I told you, Athena, I’m not embarrassed.” Wow, I guess he is telling the truth. Shocker.