Chapter Twenty One

Looks like we have made a full stop. I really had fun making this book and it wouldnt be finished without you freaks. Wuv yu five-eva an alwys

Chapter Twenty One

I wake up to whiteness. There was white all around me. I was confused, where was I? My bedroom does not look like this.

And all at once, all the events of last night came rushing back to me. The Bonfire, the kiss, the bad feeling I got, my mom trying to kill me, Miles saving me, Miles killing mom, Emery trying to rape me, Jesse saving me, Kyle, Jesse, Miles and I escaping in a stolen car, crashing hard, and blacking out.

I sat straight up, everything rushing in my head. I felt like I was going to be sick. I lean over the side of the bed and throw up. All contents of last night were now lying on the white tile floor.

To my surprise, I found myself tied to the bed that I was currently laying on.

There were restraints on my wrist and ankles. I try pulling on the hard leather, but couldn't manage to free myself.

I hear a knock on the door that was in front of me. In came a women that was in her early thirties. She looks professional and smart in her tight bun and dress suit. She had an manila envelope in her hands. She gave me a tight, professional smile.

"Good morning, Athena." She says in a professional tone. I was suddenly angry. Why the hell were they restraining me to a freaking bed? Where was I?

"Why the hell am I tied up to this bed? Who are you? Where am I? Get me out of these restraints!" I yell at the lady. Her expression didn't waver. She just kept her face straight and unnerving.

"Calm down Athena, or we are going to have to sedate you again." She says in her profession tone.

"Sedate me? Why would you need to sedate me the first time? Where am I?" I was still yelling at the lady.

"You are in Red Oak Maximum Security Psychotherapy Institute. You are in here because-" The lady hesitates and sighs before continuing, "Athena, you murdered your mother, your brother, and your friend, Kyle. You’re in here instead of prison because you've been deemed legally insane by law. You've been diagnosed with severe Schizophrenia." She says with pity in her voice.

I was in shock. I couldn't kill anybody. I couldn't even hurt anybody.

"No, no, no! I couldn't have. Miles killed my mom because my mom was trying to kill me! Kyle can't be dead! He was the one who crashed the car trying to escape fromEmery!"

I explain to her hastily. She just slowly shakes her head and sighs. I decide to continue with my explanation. "Kyle also took Jesse and Miles! We escaped! And then crashed. What happen to Jesse? To Emery?" I ask frantically. Was Jesse okay? Was Emery still trying to hunt me down?

"Sweety, Emery and Jesse are just two people you made up in your head. They were never real. All week you've been living in your own world. You would talk to yourself all the time. Your mom started to get worried and when she tried to take you to the doctor, you killed her. In the process you also killed Miles and Kyle." She explains slowly like I’m a little child.

Tears fill my eyes. How could I kill my only family and my only friend? Jesse and Emery had to be real! The whole time they seemed so vivid. This lady must be lying! She doesn't know what she's talking about! I know for a fact I didn't kill anyone!

"Please can you undo these cuffs? They're too tight and they hurt." Tears roll down my face. None of this could be true.

"I'm sorry Athena. We can't unrestraint you until we find you mentally stable." I cry harder. I've never cried so hard in my life. "Please let me go! Please! I didn't kill anybody!" I plead through my tears. The lady just shook her head and gave me more excuses. I hate her for lying! I was so angry now. So angry I could kill.

I pull hard on the restraints. Suddenly, my hands become lose. I quickly undo the ankle cuffs before the lady could reach me. I get up and punch her in the face. She hits the ground and I run to the metal door.

I yank the door open with inhuman strength. The door rips off the hinges. I sprint out the room as guards chase after me. It was a good thing that I grabbed the lady's key card because I came to a few doors that required it.

I finally came to the lobby. There were guards right behind my tail. The next thing I know I was corned by guards. They were everywhere! How was I supposed to get out? There was no way out.

"I'm not crazy." I murmur.

"I'm not crazy." I say again a little louder. Tears were still pouring down my face. Guards had pin me down to the floor. I try to get them off of me.

"I'm not crazy!" I say louder.

"I'm not crazy!" I yell. The guards had fully pinned me down to the floor. I was unmoving. I saw a guard come with a big needle in his hand.

"I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY!" I scream and yell and thrash. The guard had successfully injected me with sedatives.

I felt my eye lids get heavier. "I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy..." My voice is now dying down quickly.

My mind was quickly shutting down. I couldn't think straight. But there was one clear, coherent thought before I completely blacked out.

Maybe I was perhaps crazy after all.

The end.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding ;)

I'm a bitch aren't I? Look out for part two of Don't Be Afraid soon. (Part two will be in the same book. I will repeat PART TWO WILL BE IN THIS BOOK!)