Chapter Six

~~~Edited~~~~

Chapter Six

I was really annoyed and mad. I was annoyed because Jesse thought he could come in and prance around into my life like it was nothing. I was mad because I was mad at everyone. No one has been there for me except for my dad. I would say Kyle to, but today he proved what a great friend he is by ditching me.

I get it that he’s mad for ditching me but he doesn’t have to ignore me. He’s the only friend I got. I was also mad because part of what Jesse says was right; he made me realize how much my life really sucks. I hate him for that. I know that I was alone in this world, but now Jesse had rubbed it in my face.

I hate myself for crying. I hate myself for having this stupid curse. I couldn’t have friends because I’m too much of a freak. I didn’t cry because I was sad or that I was pitying myself, I cried because I was too angry to do anything else. At that moment I wanted to rip someones throat out. That’s a lot coming from a sixteen year old girl.

I ran home, I didn’t even bring my car home. I needed to run to get the anger out of me. If I took my car I was 99% sure that I would crash into someone if they got in my way. I need to be secluded.

So now I was in my room with the door locked, even though no one will be home until around eight. This feeling I have was worse than the depression the ghost give me. I hated it so much.

It was four so I better get ready to go to Adler Community College. The test study starts at five and I needed to leave now. I decide to go back to school to get my car that I was pretty sure was going to get jacked up if I didn’t get it soon. I grab my keys and write a note on the refrigerator that I was hanging out with some friends. My mom knew that it was a lie because she knew the freak didn’t have friends, but she wouldn’t question me.

***

I was thirty minutes into the drive and I was making good time. It was like four thirty-five and it was starting to get dark, only in a few minutes it would be completely dark. The silence was comforting, I could actually think. I felt calm; I push what happen today in the back of my head not wanting to think about it.

Then I start to hear static. Wondering where it came from, I look around my car. It was my radio, it turned on by itself? But how? I rarely ever use my radio. I turn it off and just forgot about it. I must of accidently hit. I turn my focus back to the road.

“And I’m going down, all the way down. I’m on the highway to hell.” The radio sang. The music was so loud that it made me jump and swerve across the road. Thank god, the road was empty. I turn off the radio quickly. But the music kept playing. I tried turning it down or changing the station. But it kept playing the same lyrics over and over again.

“And I’m going down, all the way down. I’m on the highway to hell.” The music seems to be getting louder and louder. I pull over to the side of the road.

I cover my ears, the sound was unbearable. It was breaking my ear drums. I take my key out of my car and open the door. The music kept getting louder and louder. This couldn’t be happening, the car was turned off.

I buckle down to my knees and try to cover my ears more. It did nothing, the sound still got to me. I was about to get back up and run, but then music stop completely. Confuse, I get up and walk to my car.

No sound came from the radio anymore. I get back in my car and turn it back on. Was I imagining it? I’ve been imagining a lot of things lately, I wouldn’t be surprise. I sigh and get back on the road. I really could use a drink.

I was just about to calm back down and get comfortable with my silence again when I saw something in the middle of the road. I squint my eyes to try to make out what it is, but no such luck. I kept driving thinking it was an animal that when I get close enough it would move. I was getting closer to it, but the thing never moves an inch. Now, I could make out some details. I could see something red and glowing. The thing stood up seven feet tall. Too bad it was dark.