Chapter Nineteen

Edited girlfriend!

SoI edited all of Don't Be Afraid and corrected all the grammar errors. There might still be like one or two but whatevs. You might want to go reread Don't Be Afraid again becauseI changed a few things. I also changed Jessie's name to Jesse because it sounds a lot less girlie.

Chapter Nineteen

When I open my eyes I stare into something violet. No, it wasn’t just something violet, it was Jesse’s eyes. He was by my side looking me in the eye and shaking my shoulders.

“Athena are you okay?” Jesse asks. He was still shaking me.

“Yes Jesse I’m fine! Stop shaking me.” I almost yell. He finally let’s go of me but doesn’t move. I look around to see Mike and everyone else in the room staring at me.

“What’s going on?” I say yawning. Why is everyone staring at me? Did I have something on my face?

“Athena you’ve been asleep for four hours. We started to get worried if you were ever going to wake up.” Mike explains.

“But I thought the anesthesia was only supposed to keep my asleep for thirty minutes?” I ask.

“Well we thought that to, but we couldn’t get you up.” Mike says. I wonder if my dream had anything to do with that. Now that I think about it, I can’t even remember my dream.

To stop everyone from staring at like the freak I am, I decide to lie.

“My immune system has problems with handling anesthesia. In the past it had kept me asleep hours longer than it should of. Sorry, I forgot to tell you before the experiment.” I lie smoothly.

Mike nods, “Okay, well I think that everyone should sleep now. It’s real late now.” Mike instructs. I look down at my phone to see that it was in fact 11:37.

When everyone stops staring at me and moves gets ready for bed, Jesse stops me. He grabs my arm and turns me around to face him.

“What really happened?” He commands. He face was all serious and cold, like I did something to make him angry.

“What do you mean? I told everybody already what really happened.” I say curtly.

“No, you lied,” He tells me. He grips my arm a little tighter. “How I know? It’s because you talked while you were asleep. You were speaking in some unknown language Athena. It didn’t even sound like a language, it was more like you speaking tongues or something. You were also moving like you were possessed at one point. Thank god I was only one there to witness it; or else everyone else would have thought you were more a freak than you already are.” He says rudely. My mouth was agape. What has gotten over Jesse?

“What’s wrong with you? Maybe Emery was right, maybe you’re the one who’s stalking me. Are you trying to kill me Jesse? Is that your plan? Because, frankly Jesse, I don’t really know who you are.” I raise my voice. I yank my arm out of his grasp.

“Emery? Why were you with Emery? Even though you told me that he scares you, he freaks you out; you still have no problem hanging out with him! You claim that you’re not friends and you don’t like him or have feelings for him, but that didn’t stop you from letting him in your house last night. Yes, I saw you let him in your house when nobody was home!I don’t think he’s good for you Athena!” He yells. It was evident that Jesse was furious; and well, so was I.

“Funny, he said the same thing about you. And why do you care if I’m with Emery? I know more about him than I do you. I trust him more than I do you. So just leave me alone Jesse! I’ll figure this out myself.” I yell. It was a good thing that we were away from everybody or else people would have had heard the whole conversation.