Reena and Zayn: Who Are You?

Again, excusez-moi pour the wait. (I'm failing French...) Sorry for the wait.

Lana :)

# # # #

Reena and Zayn: Who Are You?

_Reena_

"Reena, if you want a lift to work, get out here in two minutes!" Trinity yelled from outside. I rolled my eyes. Trinity was my work collegue. 

"Give me a minute!" I shouted back, tying up my hair and grabbing a Parka. I ran downstairs, snatching my purse just before I slammed the door shut. 

Trinity sat in her fancy Mercedes Bentz. She tossed her perfect blonde hair over her shoulder and smiled sweetly at a boy who looked like he had died and gone to heaven. Trinity pursed her lipsticked lips at my lateness. She was flaunting a Ralph Lauren jacket. I sighed in envy. Trinity had it all. 

"Why do you even need a job? You can obviously afford this car," I muttered. 

"Duh! College applications," Trinity winked at the Died-And-Gone-To-Heaven boy and drove off down the road. Trinity was an atrocious driver, so I closed my eyes to evade some of the ride. When I opened them, we were at Bennett's. 

Bennett's is a book shop. It's piled high with every sort of book imaginable. Fantasy, horror, romance, fear, non-fiction. 

It's like my heaven. 

Trinity works at the till. The men that come in and see her there immediately buy a lot more than intended. Mrs. Bennett only keeps her because of that. 

Me? I work about everything else. Mrs. Bennett can't afford to employ more staff and she's a family friend, so I work more than my share. I don't mind, really. Mrs. Bennett's been a good woman to me in many ways. She's just gotten out of a coma, so she just keeps the accountancy and other things that don't require moving too much. 

I work stacking and pricing the books, and sometimes I flit around with a mop and duster. I make sure Trinity's working and I rearrange the shop to what I think looks good. Mrs. Bennett promises to be a good reference if I need it. Not that I would - I love my job. 

"Hello, Reena," Mrs. Bennett smiled. "How are you?"

"Fine, thanks. Street's busy," I remarked, looking at the crowd assembled, squealing occasionally in the street. Mrs. B rolled her eyes.

"Some famous boys are coming. The fuss!"

"Which famous boys?" Trinity immediately stopped fidgeting with the buttons on the cash register. 

"Oh, Heaven knows. Some band...maybe it was Small Time Rush?" Mrs. Bennett shrugged. Trinity's shoulders sagged. 

"Big Time Rush? Oh. I was hoping it would be One Direction." She returned to playing with the cash register. 

"Who?" I said, mildly, pinning my name tag to my t-shirt. 

"WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON, REENA?!" Trinity screamed, so suddenly that I stabbed myself with the pin. 

"Ouch! Trinity! What?" I yelped, glaring at her. 

"One Direction are only the hottest, dreamiest, best, most amazing boyband ever! They -" 

"Oh, look. A customer," I said gladly, interrupting Trinity from the biography of this One Direction. It was a young girl, her eyes gleaming. "How may I help you?"

She didn't answer as she squealed and returned outside. I turned, miffed and grabbed a pile of books from the storage room and began sorting them into author in the back aisle. I could hear the door open, and let Trinity deal with the customer as I grabbed another pile of books. The pile wavered well above my head; one wrong step and they'd all come crashing down. I was definitely biting off more than I could chew. 

"In the back, dear," I heard Mrs. B say. 

I didn't hear quick footsteps approach and before I could say 'peanuts' someone smacked into me, and I flew backwards into a shelf, and the pile of books came tumbling to the ground, scattering everywhere. The boy who had bashed into me had black hair and a tanned face, stood unscathed but horrified. My temper flared. 

"Could you not have watched where you're going? Look at the mess! And I'm sure flying into that shelf would have more painful had you thrown me into a wall! I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to depart from the shop. Have a good day, sir." 

"Sir?" He looked confused. "Sir?"

Furious, I bent to pick up the books. He bent too, gathering some. I was incredulous at the nerve he had, not leaving when I had asked him to.

"Please leave, sir," I repeated.

"No, ma'am," He said, as if I was teasing him by calling him sir. 

"I asked you to leave, or I will call security." I insisted. He looked at my annoyed face and a light of dawn flooded on his. 

"You really don't know who I am?" He said, looking amazed. I shook my head.

"Should I?" I was confused. He looked thoughtful for a minute. 

"No! No, you shouldn't. Can I, uh-" He yanked a book off the floor. "-buy this?"

I looked at it and raised one eyebrow. "Twilight?"

He actually looked at the book then, making me shake my head. "Uh, yeah. I like...ghosts..."

I shoved a few books back on the shelf. "Book's about vampires."

"Oh." Trinity came down then, and dropped her jaw. "ZAYN MALIK!" she screamed while he put his head in his hands. I looked at him.

"So, you're one of the famous boys," Everything made sense now. "Liar."

"I'm sorry, I just deluded myself into thinking you liked me, so I lied about who I was in case...actually, I really don't know." He groaned. 

"Deluded is right," I said, but I blushed. He clapped his hands.

"You do like me! Oh God, this is amazing! Reena," He eyed my name tag. "Here is my number. Call me if you want to go out. Or go to the Italian down the block at seven. I'll be there. And sorry about the books." He took a deep breath. "I think this is a love at first sight thing. In any case, if I don't see you again..."

He kissed the just beside my lips. And left. Nearly. 

"Zayn!" I called, as he opened the door.

"Reena."

"I'll be there tonight."