Jane and Harry: His Best Friend.

Sorry for the wait! I say that way too much. Sorry. 

Lana :) 

# # # #

Rita/Jane and Harry: His Best Friend. 

_Jane_ 

"You broke up with James!" Liam said excitedly. I glared, mutinous. "Good. I never did like him."

"You know," I scowled. "You don't need to keep bringing it up. You make me regret buying you those plane tickets so you could fly home."

He ignored me. "James Opene. What a name. He was such a chump, anyway. What did you see in him, Rita?"

"It's Jane," I reminded. "And by the way - it sucks how protective you are."

"It sucks how you think it sucks how protective I am." He shot. "I'm going out with the lads."

"Well, then, I'm coming," I said, sliding on my leather jacket and fluffing out my hair. 

"No, you're not!" He panicked. "Harry's such a flirt. He might..."

"All the more reason," I shrugged. He clicked his tongue, like he always did when he was annoyed. I smiled. 

"Tiffany's in Majorca. Come on, I'll drive." I said, annoying him more. 

"You'll drive?" He yelped, incredulously irritated. "Who's nineteen here?"

"I have my driver's license. I'm seventeen, lest we forget," I said smugly. It was such a bad moment for me to drop my car keys into a puddle. He chuckled. 

"Allow me." He unlocked the car by clicking a button on the keys and handing them back to me. 

"Sure I can handle opening the door?" I muttered, heavy sarcasm leaking through. I slid into the driver's seat. 

"Where are we off to?" I smiled serenely. He scowled. 

"The Auld Triangle," He muttered, referring to the pub by the River. 

"Right away." 

"You will turn my hair grey," He remarked. 

"And it won't take me long." Another sweet smile. He - surreptitiously, might I add - checked his reflection in the mirror. 

"Just drive, Jane."

"Yes, Master." I shot off down the road, causing him to scream girlishly and clutch the dashboard. 

"Are you mental, Jane? The road is wet! Are you trying to kill us both? Slow down! Jane!" 

I sped up. But even if he didn't trust me behind the wheel, I trusted myself. I'd driven over eighty per hour in ice. 

"How did you get your license?! You're insane! Slow down!"

"Right away," I pulled into a halt beside The Auld Triangle. Harry and Zayn waited there, looked bewildered. 

"Liam! That was fast, you usually drive under twenty..." Harry trailed off, as I got out and slammed the door. A wolf whistle sounded. 

"I drove," I smiled another of my famous serene smiles. 

"Hi, Jane..." Harry stammered. Liam glared at him. 

"Harold."

"Can I buy you a drink?" Zayn asked. 

"Or can I?" Harry put in, making me blush. I shook my head. 

"I'm underage." I replied. "Thanks, anyway."

"Well, if the lady's not going to drink, it's rude to drink," Harry winked. "I'll take her down to La Nostra Pizza for a Coke."

"No you -" Liam made to interrupt.

"Thank you, Harry." I cut him off. "Liam, keys, please."

With a disgruntled  sigh, he tossed them at me. 

"I drive fast. Maniac, Liam calls me," I warned. He smiled crookedly. So cute...

"I'm sure I can handle it." 

"Let's see."

I climbed into the driver's again. "La Nostra Pizza? The Italian restaurant in St.Mary's Crescent?" 

"That's the one."

He smiled. His eyes glinted green. 

"You have pretty eyes," He blushed. I turned crimson, and nodded in thanks. 

I sped up down the street. Harry bit his lip hard, and grasped his seatbelt. I didn't really notice, though, watching the speedometer lean to the right.  

"Please - slow." Harry gasped. I did - because we'd arrived. He clambered out, looking a little green in the face. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized. 

"You do drive fast," He admitted. 

"I'll buy the Coke to make up. Sorry," I said sheepishly. 

"I'd much rather buy it myself - if you make this a date?"

"I..." I trailed off, then used what was left of my voice to whisper, "okay."

"I just think you're really pretty and your eyes...I'm partial to your eyes." He sighed. "And Jane?"

"Yes?"

"You're like my own personal Juliet."