Chapter 10

We continued the tour throughout the city for the next few hours. Every minute of free time that we had, Shannon would scan the area for any cute guys. We got hit on a few times, but I just brushed it off. For some reason, I took no interest in any of the extremely attractive Brittish men that were trying to talk to me. "Weird," Shannon said. I gave her a confused look. "I've never seen you reject so many hot guys," she said. I couldn't help but laugh.. She was right. I was normally a flirt. Shannon collected a few numbers by the time the tour came to a close. They gave us some time to do some shopping before heading back to the flat, so Shannon and I made our way into a little boutique. I was determined to find something to wear tonight. "You packed your whole closet, how could you not have anything to wear tonight?!" she asked. "I know, I just need something new," I said, fingering my way through the racks of clothes. I came across a fitted coral dress, with lace detailing on the back. It was perfect. After trying it on, I brought it up to the cashier. Shannon paid for her things as well, and then we headed back to the bus stop with our group. While on the bus ride back to the flat, I pulled out my phone to text Harry. "Hi, I have a lonely friend who wants to have fun. Can I bring her tonight? :)" I texted him. He responded a few minutes later with "Sure. I'll pick you up at 8 :)" I checked the time: 6:45. Shit. 

     As soon as the bus came to a stop, Shannon and I bolted off and headed toward the flat at full speed. An hour and fifteen minutes was definitely not enough time for the both of us to get ready. Seconds after shutting the door to our room, I stripped off all my clothes and hopped in the shower. I took what seemed to me to be the shortest shower I've ever taken. I slipped on the dress I had bought earlier, and pulled out my nude blazer to wear over top of it, along with my nude wedges. Once I was dressed, I began to do my hair and makeup. I loosely curled my hair, and did bronze makeup on my eyes and face. I didn't want to look like I was trying to hard.. even though I was. Shannon wore a navy knit top with some lace high wasted shorts and some sandals. I checked the time again: 7:50. Ten minutes until what I had hoped to be the best night of my life began.

     Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Rebecca, the bitchy, self centered girl in the room next to our's. I opened the door and she stared me up and down. I could tell she was analyzing my outfit. "Why so dressed up?"  she asked. "We're going out," I said. "By yourselves? Just you two? Oh boy. You're gonna get lost," she laughed. "No, we've got someone showing us around," I said. Just then my phone vibrated in my purse. I pulled it out and read the one new text from Harry: "I'm here!" "Come on, Shannon," I called, pushing past Rebecca and down the stairs. I heard Shannon say some smartass comment as she walked by Rebecca, who followed us down stairs. I could tell she was going to make an attempt to tag along. She peered out the window to see who we were meeting. "Damn, a range rover? Who IS that?" she asked. "No one," I said, shutting the door behind me. "Quickly," I whispered to Shannon as we headed toward the car. "Before she --" "HARRY STYLES?!" she shouted from the door step. Shit.