Chapter 4

I felt Harry's warm, alcohol scented breath on my face. It gave me chills. We stood there, eye to eye, for only a few moments. Suddenly, he was jerked away. I stumbled a bit, before realizing one of his friends had pulled him away. He was a rough, 20 year old looking man, and he had Harry in a somewhat gentle headlock. Harry was laughing, and finally broking away, reaching towards me and grabbing my wrist. "Whose ya friend?" the guy asked. "Matt, this is Lex. Lex, Matt," he said introducing us. "Hi," I said sticking out my hand. He shook it, smiling in return. "Listen, I think we're heading back to the flat now. You coming?" he said, turning to Harry, who immediately turned to me. "Would you like to join us? Me and my friends that came here are heading back to my flat now," Harry asked. I thought it over for a moment. What about Shannon? And my curfew? Wait. Fuck it. It was Harry Syles. "You should come," he said, smiling. "Yeah, sure I'll come," he said. "We'll meet you there," Harry said to Matt. He put his hand around my waist and led me out of the bar and to his car. "Wait, are you okay to drive?" I asked. He had been drinking. "I haven't had a drink in an hour or so, I'm perfectly fine," he replied. He opened the passenger door for me. He hopped in the driver side, and said "Oh, lovely." "What?" I asked. He motioned toward a couple of shady looking men and women with giant cameras. I had never been photographed by the paparazzi before. I felt kind of.. special. I laughed to myself.

   "Shit, I need to call Shannon," I mumbled to myself. I was still kind of tipsy, so dialing her number was a challenge. She finally picked up on the third ring. "Hello?" she said. She sounded drunk as well. "Hey bitch," I said. I heard Harry snicker. "OH MY GOD LEX. I'M SO SORRY," she whined into the phone. "Thanks for bailing. I sat there for hours, all alone," I said dramatically. "I know, I know. Everyone started drinking at the flat and forced me to take shots. I couldn't leave!" she said. I smiled. Typical Shannon. "Hey, let me talk to her," Harry whispered. I handed him the phone. "Hello, Shannon?" he said. "This is Harry. You were a bad friend tonight." I heard her rambling on the other end of the phone, while I just sat there giggling. "Anyway," he said, cutting her off, "I want to thank you for not showing up tonight. I felt obligated to keep your friend company, and I'm glad I met her. Okay, byeee," he said, hanging up the phone. I just smiled at him, taking my phone back. I checked the time; 1:27 in the morning. Shit. I had totally forgot about curfew and room checks.