Chapter 8

I waved back to Harry, trying to hide the giant smile that spread across my face just from seeing him, and made my way down the driveway to his car. "Good morning," he said, as I hopped in the passenger seat. "Morning," I replied. "I hope you're hungry," he said. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. "The best breakfast place in the world," he said, pulling out of the driveway. "Oh, really? I'll be the judge of that," I replied. "Just wait. I used to come here every day when I lived here full time. It's the best," he said  convincingly. A few minutes later we pulled up to a small, local restaraunt called "Blue Moon Cafe". There was barely anyone there. We walked up to the hostess, who asked us if we wanted a table inside or outside, and Harry looked at me to make the decision. "Outside, please," I said. It was a beautiful day. The hostess led us to our table, where Harry pulled out the chair and motioned for me to sit down. "Why thank you," I said cheekily. He grinned and sat down, scanning the menu. "You have to get the combo number one," he said. "It's amazing." "I'll take your word for it," I said. We both ordered the combo number one, and Harry was right. It was so fucking good. I was starving, too, so it was hard for me to not look like a pig while chowing down. "I have to be back at the flat before 9:45," I said in between bites. "For what?" Harry asked. "We're taking group tours of the city today," I told him. "Psh, I could give you a personal tour," he said, smiling. I took a sip of my coffee, wishing I could take him up on that offer. "I wish," I said. "What about after your tour?" he asked. I searched for my itenerary in my purse. "We have the night off, I think," I said. "Then let me give you a personal tour of the city's nightlife. I bet that's not on your itenerary," he said with a wink. That was an offer I definitely couldn't refuse. "Alright. Sounds like a plan," I agreed. We had both just about cleared our plates, and the waitress placed the check on the table. Harry took a wad of cash out of his pocket and placed it with the check. He smiled at me and said, "It's a date."