11 ~ Friends Dont Lie ~ 11

Author's POV
———

"The Quarry." Hopper says. Looking up at the kids. And of course Mike is the first one to run out the door. Everyone runs behind him and they all get in Hoppers cop car. They were all strapped in and ready to go, the kids watch Hopper pat himself down obviously looking for something.

"Okay, what did you forget?" Dustin says kinda sounding a little anxious and annoyed.

Hopper gets out of the car and he runs back inside to go get his keys. Everyone is annoyed, they all just wanna hurry up and find Will.  (I'm extra asf).

It takes a while but Hopper finally finds the keys. He sighs of relief, then he runs back outside a little tired out getting into the car. He puts the key into the hole and he turns it, but then it starts to make weird noises. He keeps on trying and it just doesn't seem to work.

"Shit. The car is out." Hopper says, hitting the steering wheel which causes Max to jump a bit.

"Shit man. Stuff like this only happens to us!" Mike says getting really frustrated. Then he hops out the car and fast walks to his bike parked right in front of the station. The others go after him.

"Wait up! Your not doing this alone Mike." Lucas says. Then they all hope on their bikes and start to pedal off. Leaving Hopper behind.

Hopper watches the kids pedal off to The Quarry without him. Raising both his hands up like What The Fuck?

DING DING!

Hopper here's a noise, kinda like a bell. He looks over and sees a little girl with black hair riding on a bike.

He runs over to the little girl. "Hey kid!" The girl looks over at him and stops. She seems like a shy kid, she doesn't reply but she listens.

"Do you mind if I borrow this for a second?" Hopper says out of breath.

The little girl looks at him in confusion. Then she finally talks. "And what do I get in return?".

Hopper sighs and rolls his eyes. "I'll give ya 10 bucks and your gonna let me take this bike." Hopper says pulling out a ten dollar bill and waving it around. She kinda thinks about it for a while. "Come on kid I don't have all day." Hopper says getting very impatient.

She finally nods and accepts the trade. Hopper quickly hops on the bike and starts to pedal off to The Quarry.

-

All the kids arrive to The Quarry. They all hop off their bikes. They all wait around for Hopper, they knew he would follow.

Like 12 minutes later he finally arrives on the bike that he took from the little girl. He pulls up and hops off. The kids all look at each other and stare at him, sweaty and tired out trying to catch his breath.

"Y-you alright Hopper?" Max says sweetly checking to see if he's all good.

Hopper still breathing loudly. "Never better." He says to Max. "Let's just look for what we came here for." They all start searching for 'The next letter.'

-

It's the afternoon. And Eleven is just sitting on the couch watching He-Man. This is usually what she's been doing ever since Will went missing again. Hopper doesn't want her going out. He always talks about a 'black hole' taking El. Eleven understands that he doesn't want to lose another person in his life. But she just doesn't understand why he wants her to stay trapped there. She wants to tell them. She wants to let everyone know what happened that night. But she promised. And friends don't lie. But she's so worried. Some promises are meant to be broken. For someone's own safety. She just wants to be other there, she knows what she capable of, she knows how powerful she is, she can defend herself, she wants to help. These thoughts go through her head.