12 ~ Five Years Later ~ 12

"the signs..."

"It's all made up"

"It's all lies"

"I lied to you guys.."

"I'm sorry.."

"El.... What are you saying?"
Mike says, confused, hurt, and angry.
"Where is he?"

FIVE YEARS LATER..

~ Author's POV ~

Ever since Will disappeared, things have been tough.. Turns out Eleven didn't know what the hell she was talking about and it all just became some big hoax, she basically lied, she thought she had a lead on him but it went cold and let them down, so.. they eventually just gave up... but Mike never gave up. He was pissed after Eleven told him she lied to them, He couldn't talk to her for a month, He couldn't talk to anyone for a while and it eventually became the norm until it turned into years.. They all kind of just lost touch and went their separate ways after high school, you know... it usually goes that way..

Joyce and Jonathan took it pretty hard, Joyce does therapy because she says she still sees Will around, Jonathan is getting tired of dealing with all of his mom's claims and especially the loss of his brother..

Maybe it's grief.

Joyce is addicted to Opioids now and Jonathan became an alcoholic and hangs out with a bunch of low life losers with no goals and ambitions, but Jonathan is a smart guy.. and deep down, he knows better.. he makes money but nobody knows what his job is, but all we know is that it's keeping them going and keeping the bills paid.. Nancy didn't want to deal with his alcohol addiction any longer so she eventually called it quits and that was 2 years ago.. he met some scary chick named Diana at a party a couple months after Nancy left him, I guess they clicked and they drive around in his Ford doing whatever he does.. Diana has Jonathan wrapped around his finger, and Joyce is basically alone all of the time and takes pain killers to 'numb her pain', but by this point now I think she only likes the way it makes her feel.. I'm not sure how she gets them, but it's starting become a huge problem.. she never gets out of bed anymore after she quit her job.. Jonathan tries to take care of her as much as he possibly could, but it's not easy when he can barely be there for himself..

Lucas tried to be there for Mike as much as he could but decided they should just go their separate ways, he moved on pretty fast but he never stopped missing him, I guess he's just better at hiding it...Afterall, he graduated from high school and immediately started looking for colleges, of course he would chose one that's so far away from Hawkins, good for him.. his parents have always had it good, and got him into a good college and he's just been in California majoring in psychology at UCLA for the past three years, I'd say he's doing good, GO LUCAS!

A little over a year Will went missing, Dustin got Suzie pregnant, they were both 17 at the time and Dustin decided to quit school and get his GED so that he can be there for his Son..

Growing up, Dustin's father was never in the picture, it was always just his Mom and Mews.. He never met his father before, he tries not to let it get to him but can't help but feel empty..

What's he look like?

Do we have the same hair?

Why did he leave?

All these questions that have yet to be answered, but he doesn't care about that anymore, ever since Jace came into this world, that's all Dustin ever cared about and eventually gave up on looking for Will.

After several years, Suzie found him a job and he is now working as a Camp Director somewhere outside of Hawkins and is living with Suzie and his 4 year old son, so much things have changed the day after the day Will went missing, everyone took it in their own way, but Mike took it the hardest.

FIVE YEARS EARLIER..

"El, what are you saying?"
Mike says, confused, hurt, and angry.
"Where is he?"

Eleven pauses for second.
Almost like she can't bring herself to say it.

"EL?"
"WHERE THE FUCK IS WILL?"
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?"
He grabs elevens shoulders.
"FUCKING TELL ME!!"

"Let her go Mike!! Calm down!"
Hopper says, pulling him away from Eleven before he does anything else to her.

"NO! SHE'S HIDING SOMETHING I'VE SEEN THIS SHIT GO DOWN BEFORE!"
Mike shouts pointing at Eleven.

"Mike."
Eleven says, with tears on her face.
"I think he's gone."

"HAVEN'T YOU FIGURED THAT OUT ALREADY!! I MEAN.. WHAT'S NEW!?"
Mike screams.

"No Mike!"
"I think.. he's.. dead.."
"I can't find him anymore."

BACK TO THE PRESENT..

~ Mike's POV ~

I keep reminiscing about all the shit I could've done differently that day he left..

Why did I let him walk away?

Would he still be here if I had just chased after him?

All of these questions that are left unanswered.. I can't sleep anymore.. I'd rather be alone.. I started drinking and partying after everyone started giving up on him, but I never gave up... I'll forever be on the look out because that's just the way I am.. I'm just getting tired of it by now.. it's been 5 years and I still miss him, I still can feel him, and hear him.. sometimes I sit and wonder..

Why..

Why Will?

Why would you do this?

Is it possible you're still out there somewhere?

where are you?

If you are, Will.. please come home.

We're all lost without you Will.

I couldn't cope with it anymore, the pain.. the heartbreak.. I wanted to numb it.. just for a second..

Eventually, I got into hard drugs.. it wasn't always like this, this wasn't always my plan in life.. I know you would've wanted more for me.. but I failed you.. I always fail you Will.. I'm so fucking sorry....

~ TO BE CONTINUED ~