5 ~ Camping Trip ~ 5

Author's POV
———

"Will is awake."

Mike doesn't even say anything, he just hangs up the phone and takes off on his bike. Going so fast nothing could stop him. He doesn't even slow down in front of the traffic he just has to see Will...

He jumps off of his bike and ran into the hospital so fast he knocks a rack of news papers over, he runs so fast into the hallway and he makes it to Will's room.

Mike busts through Will's door and sees Will laying there. Mike stands there and stares at the now okay Will Byers. He stays in the same place to catch his breath for a while and then he finally walks up to Will.

"Will..." He couldn't hold it in anymore. He starts to cry uncontrollably, he leans in to give Will the biggest hug he ever gave him. They both start crying now. Mike finally pulls away after a while and starts to talk.

"Will... I missed you so much.. I-I am so so sorry that I wasn't there fast enough... I-its all my fault.." Mike says, his voice is a little shaky.

"Mike, it's not your fault. I should have told you.." Will says.

"It's non of your faults." Joyce says interrupting. "It's that.. douche bag who did this to you... he got expelled from the school district... I got him expelled, I don't want him near you two.. especially the rest of you boys."

Will looks at Mike confused. Mike gives Will a loving smile, Will blushes a little and they both hug each other again..

"I missed you so much Will, I don't know what I'd do without you.." Mike whispers to Will as they are still hugging.

Jonathan smiles at the two boys. Jonathan doesn't know about Mike and Will yet,
but he smiles cause if they were he would accept them. He loves Will no matter what.

———

2 months past it is now July, school is out and it is very hot. Will is fully healed and is doing well now out of the hospital. Will and Mike are very happy, they haven't had a problem with bullies ever since the day Will got out. Mike and Will do a lot of things together, like go for hikes, swimming, bike riding, movies, and going to carnivals. They are the happiest they have ever been. They still haven't told anybody about them ever since Lucas, Dustin, and Max saw Mike ask Will to be his boyfriend that day in the basement, but they haven't got into that topic just yet.

———

Will woke up on a very bright sunny hot Saturday in his warm bed. He lays on his back staring up at the ceiling for a while and he looks over to his left and sees a cute sleeping Mike next to him, he smiles. He stares at the little sleepy boy next to him. He wants to wake him up but he doesn't want to ruin his sleep, so he just lets him sleep. We watched Mike sleep for a while smiling and then Mike suddenly wakes up. Will still staring at him as Mike yawns. Mike looks over at Will and smiles.

"Goodmorning!" Will says.

"Goodmorning to you too." Mike says still a little tired. Mike looks around and asks.
"What time is it?"

"It's 1:16pm, we both slept in" Will says.

Mike suddenly stops as he realizes the time. He remembers that Dustin, Lucas, and Max are going over to Mikes house to plan what they were going to do today. They are supposed to be over there at 1:30. They don't know that Mike stayed the night at Will's house so the are all expecting Mike to be at his house.