Chapter 16

Carol and Michonne had been avoiding each other all day, as Daryl had noticed. So far they had jump started two cars and brought them back to Terminus. Daryl was loading the cars with boxes of peoples' stuff until the car was completely full. Carol and Michonne were bringing down boxes, which belonged to Sasha and Bob. Michonne had returned back upstairs to retrieve more, while Carol stayed by Daryl. "Car's almost full," Daryl replied, stuffing one more box into the car, closing it.

"When is Rick coming back with the others?" Carol asked, looking to Daryl who turned around to face her.

"Dunno, I reckon another hour, since he done had to find the way an' all, plus everyone's gotta pick their house," Daryl said, waiting for Michonne clearly, so they could take the boxes.

"I'll take the other car and follow you guys..." Carol said, trailing off, spotting the black Mercedez-Benz. "Where are you living?" Carol asked, her voice full of curiosity.

"I reckon Michonne an' I'll find a place when we get there," Daryl stated, no sign of Michonne.

"Oh... you and Michonne... are gonna live together?" Carol asked sheepishly and Daryl turned his attention to her.

"'Course," Daryl replied a little more sternly to Carol, who nodded her head in sadness. "Why?"

"Nothing, just don't you feel as if you are rushing into things a little too fast?" Carol asked Daryl, who shook his head, kicking his boots in the dirt. He spotted Michonne jogging down the steps and nodded to Carol's car.

"Let's go," Daryl barked and made his way to the driver's seat, while Michonne sat next to him in the passenger's seat. Daryl turned on the car, and pulled out of the gravel patches, which they oddly called roads, and started down the road which lead to "Woodbury," as Tyreese called it. They were sure they would come up with another name, of course because Woodbury brought back terrible memories. This made Daryl think about Oscar and Axel, the two prisoners they had met and became part of the group. Axel wasn't mentally stable, but had a bright personality and Oscar was about as loyal as they came. The other prisoners weren't fine by Daryl, Tomás and Andrew weren't loyal, and pretty rebellious. Big Tiny would've been fine by Daryl if he didn't die so soon and wasn't scared of Walkers. He remembered being down in the tombs, all the things they had lost and gained and lost again. His memory trailed off to T-Dog and that bitch, Lori, who was fine by him in some ways. Then Merle... Daryl began to bite at his fingernails, which was a nervous habit. But then he remembered when they found Michonne, and that brought happiness inside of Daryl. He glanced over to Michonne who was glancing out the window at the passing walkers and all the abandoned cars. "Trying to remember what this life was before The Turn," Daryl said, and the truth was he didn't want too. He almost felt as if this life was made for him, the life before, the one he had with Merle, wasn't any kind of living.

"I can remember it like it was just yesterday," Michonne said, smiling at the remembrance of Anthony, her son and Terri and Mike, her husband and best friend.

"Did you prefer that life or this life?" Daryl asked out of the blue. He knew Michonne wouldn't have known him and he wouldn't have known her if it wasn't for The Turn. Daryl didn't think that would change anything with Michonne, she was the type of woman who liked the before life. Daryl stood alone amongst all of his friends with that one.

"This life," Michonne said back to Daryl, who seemed taken aback by her response. "I like it now, no rules, no nothing, silence, and people who get on your nerves you can just kill," Daryl chuckled at that one. "And I would've never met you, and I get practice with my katana." Daryl smiled when Michonne mentioned him and she giggled at his big grin on his face. "Carol knows, Daryl," Michonne said to Daryl who looked to her.

"How? You tol' her?" Daryl asked, looking to Michonne.

"No, when we came back yesterday.. she just knew, and I blew up in her face about it. That's why we aren't talking," Michonne said, rolling her eyes at the memory.

"I woulda blown up in her face too," Daryl said and smiled to Michonne, who smiled back.

|| give me feedback below, and thanks for reading!!||