Chapter 12

"Ain't nobody been in here for ages." Daryl said, looking through the old photo albums and pictures, rifling through diaries and so much more. "If I was with Beth, she would yell at me for rifling through people's old personal shit." I laughed and knocked hard against the wall one last time to make sure no undead corpses were occupying the abode.

"I think we're all good." I told him and he looked at me, nodded and then continued to go through the old stuff in the boxes. "Daryl, what do you think you're going to find in there? Let's look for stuff that's actually useful." He took one last look, and stood up, facing me. I smiled awkwardly, and he pressed his lips against mine, casually, as if he was already used to doing this. "I hate that you're getting used to kissing me like that, Daryl." He faced me, and raising his eyebrows, grunting a little bit. "When are we going to tell the others, about this thing we have been doing?" Daryl shrugged and continued to walk throughout the house. I followed behind, like a lost puppy, but I wanted Daryl to answer my question. He had sort of ignored me, but I did mind, considering I wanted this question to be answered. I had never been in a close knit group like this, and I didn't want to be an outcast, or thrown out of the group. Maybe because of a mistake. Daryl rifled through the cabinets of the kitchen, looking for the knives I supposed. "If we are going to live here, shouldn't we keep the stuff?" I asked. This had never crossed my mind, but If we were going to live here we needed the supplies the house had to offer. Daryl closed the door to the cabinet and turned to face me. "Daryl," I began and took a deep breath, walking over to him and lying a quick kiss on his lips. "When are we going to tell them?" I whispered into his ear. Maybe a kiss would grab his attention. It seemed to me it did, more than anything else did.

"What's the harm in kissing, 'Chonne?" He asked me, looking into my eyes, and brushed one of my dreadlocks behind my ear. I liked it, but I didn't like it. We were getting so close so fast. Maybe because you never knew when the person you were closest to was going to die, leave. "I ain't got herpes or nothin'." I giggled at Daryl's joke and he smiled.

"I know but if it mounts to something else..." I trailed off, I may have taken it too far, but I didn't care. I wanted everyone to know. Especially who the risk of getting pregnant, but I didn't even know Daryl and I's relationship would mount to that.

"What do you want it to mount to?" He asked looking into my eyes, placing a knife back into a drawer and closing the drawer slowly. I rolled my eyes. Daryl was playing this game. Where I had to tell him what I wanted. I didn't even know if I liked him that much, let alone inside me. "I know what I want it to mount to." Daryl said noticing my annoyance in his actions. He pushed me against the cabinets behind me, and he placed his crossbow onto the counter. My eyes widened with embarrassment, as Daryl cupped my chin, and brought my lips to his. His lips were soft, and our lips molded together. His soft touch sent chills down my spine. His tongue entered my mouth and we began to make out, my katana holding me back from leaning against the old cabinets completely. "Do you want what I want?" He asked me, as we separated from our kiss. Daryl had made it pretty clear what he wanted through his actions and his facial expression.

"I do, Daryl," I began, and he grinned as he attempted to pull up my shirt. I pushed his hand away and his eyebrows raised as he looked up to me. "First, we have to tell the others. The risk of me getting pregnant will affect everyone, not just you and me. Second, you need to find condoms, next pharmacy run with Glenn and the others. Go alone to get them, and made it real discrete, don't need anyone getting up in our grill. Thirdly, what are we even doing Daryl? I mean what is this?"

"You're my girlfriend." He said, non hesitantly, and I laughed. I bent over laughing even harder, and he pulled me up. "What?" He asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

"Usually you ask the girl this, Daryl." I said, frowning at him, still trying to stifle my laugh.

"I thought you got the memo." Daryl said smirking back at his snarky comment. I nodded and he swiftly kissed me, walking back out of the house. Tyreese and Carl would be back soon, so we waited outside of the house to meet them.

"You better not be that kinda guy that pushes people away," I said, looking in Daryl's direction a slight smirk on my face. "You're tough, you're kinda like that in a way." I didn't want to accuse him in any way, but Daryl seemed like a loner, but I was exactly the same, so I couldn't complain.

"You don't strike me as no pussy, neither," he said as he spotted Tyreese and Carl walking down the road, a few Walkers killed in their path.

"Touché." I said back to him, nodding. I wasn't a "pussy" as Daryl put it. I had always been tough. Back before the turn, all of my friends, including mike and Terry, teased me about not having any emotions. I never let my friends or even Mike see me cry, and I never really cried except for when my father died. After the turn I had cried more than I had in my whole life. Mike, Terry, Anthony, my friends... gone. I wasn't a coward, I had never backed down from a fight. When the Governor tried to fight me, kill me, I fought back harder, and I could always take down Walkers, no matter the horde.

"C'mon," I heard Daryl say, snapping me out of my thoughts. Tyreese and Carl were walking towards Terminus, and Daryl and I stayed behind, talking about the plan for tonight.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

"Rick can I talk to you a minute?" Daryl asked. I stayed behind him a little bit, and Rick nodded, turning away from Mary who was oddly in our apartment. "In private?" Daryl stated turning to look at Mary, and lead Rick away from the group outside. Daryl waved to me that he had it handled and I could stay behind. I made idle chit chat with Mary, and Bob and Sasha who were down in the courtyard sitting on the bench together. After a couple minutes of this small talk I was already sick of, Rick and Daryl came back out to the courtyard after their "talk." Rick smiled to me, and I felt my cheeks hearing up in complete and utter embarrassment.

"Congrats." Rick said to me, nodding his head and giving me a quick and simple hug, before returning to his duties with Mary, cooking that is. Carol had been the best chef in the group, and with Mary's cooking lessons for Rick, I hoped Rick could pick up a few tips, which would really help the group. I couldn't cook for my life. I could burn water. I didn't find Daryl as a chef either, and I didn't really see anyone else being a cook. Maggie said Beth used to be able to cook, but she was gone. Maggie said back on the farm, she was the sister that would stay outside, ride the horses and play in the mud. As much as Patricia and Beth tried to teach Maggie to cook, she need really picked up anything useful. That just left Rick and Carol. Ed had made Carol cook and she had years and years of practice, it was sort of a gift for her. It was good for Rick to be getting cooking lessons from Mary, they got to bond, as it seemed their relationship was really blossoming into something. Daryl walked over to me and turned my head, laying a kiss on my lips. Bob and Sasha gasped and walked up to us, abandoning their bench.

"What did we miss?" Sasha asked, beaming towards Daryl and I, Bob right behind her, wanting to get in with the gossip.

"'Chonne is my girlfriend," Daryl just flatout said, which I buried my face into his shoulder, hiding my embarrassment. Sasha cooed and Bob clapped smiling.

"I honestly saw this coming." Bob said, continuing to clap. "Well, Sasha and I are going to take a walk, we'll be back in not too long." Bob arose his voice so Rick could hear, and making eye contact with him. Rick nodded approval. Sasha and Bob both smiled, both of them trotting of giving each other a quick kiss.

"Have fun!" Daryl said winking to Bob, who smiled and when Sasha looked away, nodded. Daryl laughed and so did Rick, I just stood there smiling, and shaking my head.

"All you men are the same, aren't you?" I asked, turning to Daryl who wrapped his arm arond me. It hadn't even been ten minutes and he was already showing so much affection.

"Pretty much, one step down, Michonne. I just have that pharmacy run..." Daryl said, winking to me and I pushed him playfully.

"See, Daryl, that was the part where you say 'No, at least I'm not like that.'" I joked, and Daryl ran a slick hand through his hair, ruffling it up a bit.

"I don't lie, even though I was tempted to do so." He said and I beamed and we turned around to walk up stairs to our apartment. Carol came running down the stairs, tears streaming down her face, her face bright red.

"Rick! Rick!" She called and Rick turned around, seeing Carol in full panic attack, dumping his spatula, and running to Carol. "It's... It's L-Lizzie! She stabbed herself in the stomach!"

Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying the story so much! Remember I appreciate your feedback in the comments and make sure you vote :)