Chapter 15

"What the hell happened to you guys, it's been forever," Carol said, running up to both of them, once they came into earshot of the apartment building.

"Got hol' up in a herd," Daryl said, glancing quickly to Michonne, who nodded hesitantly. This peeked Carol's curiosity as Tyreese, Rick and Carl thudded down the steps. Carl ran up to Michonne, giving her a passionate hug and a sigh of relief.

"Thank God, y'all are okay," Rick said, Tyreese nodding along with him. Carol kept quiet, deciding to ask Michonne about it later. "We were all worried, but it's over now, let's get inside and get some well needed rest for tomorrow."

"What's tomorrow?" Tyreese asked, turning to Rick.

"We gotta head up to this neighborhood and see what's there, do some preparations and start moving soon." Rick's face didn't show any evidence of sadness whatsoever. Something must have happened with him and Mary. Daryl decided to ask him later, once they were all settled in.

"Sounds good, I'm in for the night, y'all, goodnight," Tyreese said, Carol staying back with Michonne, while everyone trudged up the steps.

"What happened back there?" Carol asked Michonne, as soon as everyone was out of earshot.

"Got stuck in a herd, Carol, is all," Michonne said, attempting to walk to the stairs, but Carol blocking the stairwell. Michonne was used to this. This kind of Carol. Carol and Maggie are gossip crazy, and Carol always had to stick her nose in someone else's business. She wasn't prepared to tell Carol anything. Not that she was going too.

"I know for sure you didn't get stuck in any herd, hasn't been a herd for awhile now. What happened?" Carol's voice became demanding and Michonne didn't like this. Carol bared her teeth.

"Carol, you don't scare me, now get out of my way and go do what you do best, gossip with Maggie," Michonne snapped, which took Carol aback.

"Excuse me, I do a hell of a lot for this group, if I do say so myself," Carol fired back, crossing her arms as if she was a little school girl.

"Like what, knitting and reading to people? Making sure everyone's tucked in at night? Give them a kiss and a bedtime story? That's not helping Carol, that's being weak, now excuse me." Carol didn't budge.

"What happened back there?" She questioned again. Michonne knew she could easily take down this woman, but she didn't want to start anything physical.

"None of your damn business," Michonne snapped, and pushed Carol out of the way, walking up the steps.

"What if you get pregnant, then what are you to do?" She heard Carol ask behind me. How the hell...? Carol may have needed to get in everyone's business but she was smart, and wise, and she knew most of the things that were going on in the group. There was no use in fighting for Michonne, Carol knew, and there was nothing she could do now.

"It was protected, don't worry about it," Michonne said, not turning to face Carol. She walked up the steps, prepared to tell Daryl what Nosy Carol had found out.

"Are you trying to split this group up?" She heard Carol ask from beneath the stairs. Michonne rolled her eyes and turned to face Carol.

"What the fuck do you mean split this group up? Watch who you are talking to, Lady. You're the one who has your nose an inch deep in everyone's damn business, and you think it's cute, but it's not it drives everybody off the edge! You just sit on your ass and do nothing, spreading gossip and knitting, like the old, pathetic woman you are. Now go on, don't bother me with your silly shit just because you like Daryl. Everyone knows Carol. You like Daryl, and you just started crushing on Tyreese, so go for him," Michonne took a few steps down the staircase and got into Carol's petrified, and almost in tears, face. "But you have no chance with Daryl, he likes me, so get over yourself, sister. And get a life. If anyone's splitting up this group it's your sorry ass." And with that, Michonne stormed up the stairs to Daryl.

[I 💛💙💜💚❤️ this chapter it cracks me up!! How is everyone liking the story?]