Chapter 10

"Thank God!" Rick said when we walked through the door. The sun was setting and the temperatures were dropping fast and it was a bit chilly outside, but it didn't help the warm, bubbly feeling inside. "I thought you guys were dead, what happed to you? Any bites, scratches?" Rick asked, and began to search both of us, and Carl looked relieved that both of us were alive. Daryl shook his head and walked away, back upstairs, probably to shower and change. Luckily, for us, Terminus had running water, but no electricity, but running water was all I needed. "He okay?" Rick asked me, looking back to a dissapeared Daryl.

"Yeah, he's fine." I said, and tried to smile to Rick, but he still looked as if he didn't believe me. "I'm just gonna head upstairs, shower and call it a night." I said, and Rick nodded, closing the blinds and turning on some flashlights and solar lamps to illuminate the bottom floor of the apartment. I trudged up the stairs, and crept into my room slowly, turning on the solar lamp in the corner of my room, and grabbed some fresh clothes from my drawer.

"Hey," I heard Daryl's raspy, southern accent behind me in the door frame, "I'm not angry or upset at you, I just... I've never just kissed anyone in thirty years, its just... different. A good different. I just need rest." I nodded, and took a couple steps towards him.

"I know, I need to sleep, too, it was a long day." I said, and yawned, him letting me step through the doorway and to the bathroom. I stepped inside, and turned the flashlight on, that illuminated the bathroom some. I stepped out of my clothing and placed my katana on the floor. I sat my new clothes on the toilet, and turned on the shower water, to a hot temperature, and stepped inside, closing the curtain behind me and letting the hot water down my face, shoulders, back and into my hair. What was I doing? What was I thinking? Love in a zombie apocalypse? I smacked my forehead and sighed, a little bit of water hitting my face. I turned off the water, not wanting to get scolded at for wasting some, and stepped out, grabbing a plush towel, and wrapping it around my body. I imagined Daryl and I's kiss over and over in my head, to the point where it almost made me sick. I felt sad, happy and then angry. I slipped on my underwear, bra, t-shirt with leather vest and then my army green pants, and walked out of the bathroom. A little bit of steam followed me, but I ignored it. I was angry, and I didn't care. I slipped on my boots, and ran down the stairs, and strode down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Rick asked, watching me grabbing my katana and grabbing for the door handle.

"I'll be back." I said, a little snap in my voice, and I slammed the door behind me.