Chapter Seven

“Something Lost Will Never Return”

Chapter Seven:

The Teikou Middle School Basketball Club. An incredibly strong team with over one hundred members and three consecutive championship wins. Amongst their brilliant record, the generation of five prodigies was known as the “Generation of Miracles”. Despite being relatively unknown and lacking a game record, there was one more member recognized by the five prodigies. A phantom sixth man.

And inside one of Raven Hospital’s ambulance, a certain teal-head’s heart beat became slower and slower that it made a long beep that alarmed all the staffs inside the ambulance.

“Sh*t.” One cursed.

“CPR! Hurry!” One of the two doctors inside shouted.

Two of the nurses surrounding Tetsuya took out the CPR Unit and prepared it for few seconds before using it to revive the not-beating heart of the phantom player. They did for three times, but the heart monitor continued the long beep.

“We can’t give up now!” The other doctor growled, grabbed the CPR Unit from the nurses and tried it again and again.

“Doctor Sawaka…” The other doctor murmured.

He continued pressing the unit into the bluenette’s chest, his sweat being wiped by the nurses beside him, but he didn’t care and continued as long as he could. “Didn’t you see the red-head’s face earlier before he left? Didn’t you see how hard it was to him to watch this little guy to be away from him with no certainty of his safety? Didn’t you see how pained he was, Doctor Huika?” He grunted and pressed it harder into Kuroko’s chest. 

Doctor Huika gulped then nodded, before grabbing the phone not a meter away from him. “Get ready for an operation. We’ll b right there after one or two minutes. Be damn ready or we’ll kill you.” He ordered and placed the phone back into its place. “Let me try.”

“B-But, doctor…it was almost two minutes when his heart stopped…” One of the four nurses murmured.

Doctor Sawaka glared at her. “So, what’s your point? Let him die when he still has even 1% of being revived?”

She gasped and quickly shut her mouth.

Huika grabbed the CPR Unit, took a deep breath, then pressed the unit into Kuroko’s chest for few seconds then released it. They waited and then almost collapsed in relief when they heard the small beep from the heart monitor. Even if it’s slow and weak, Kuroko’s heart beat started again, and it was enough for them.

~LFMH021~

Akashi paced back and forth before the door of the Operating Room where Kuroko was instantly placed at when he arrived in the hospital. The red-head arrived after almost twenty minutes, and a surgery was already being done to Kuroko, so all he could do was wait outside.

He suddenly remembered the scenario that happened right after the Winter Cup Finals ended.

He watched in shock when his predictions failed him. Kagami and Kuroko did attack him at the same time, as he predicted, at first, but then Kuroko tapped the ball to an unknown direction and to no one at all. Akashi frowned and gasped as Kuroko suddenly disappeared and Kagami also did after awhile. He looked behind him and found Kuroko running towards the boundary line and tapped the ball back to Kagami, before crashing into the audience’s seats’ boundaries.

“Shoot it, Kagami-kun!” Kuroko shouted as he started to stand up.

“No! Stop the—“ Akashi didn’t shout on time, because before he could even move, Kagami  jumped very high and dunked the ball so hard into the hoop, it almost fell off again.