Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Through my readers’ and reviewers’ reviews and comments, I realized something: I really should have done that quite a long time ago. Hahahaha, wondering what? Read on. I promise you it’ll be worth it. (I guess?)

Hahaha, here you go!

I HOPE YOU’LL STILL REVIEW!

“Something Lost Will Never Return”

Chapter 14:

Kagami panted as he pushed the wheelchair inside the elevator and shoved himself inside it as well. This was the first time he ever experienced such exhaustion just because of pushing someone who was needed to be seated on a wheelchair for weeks.

“By the way, Kuroko, did you know that the games where we should be reunited as the New Generation of Miracles was moved into a month from yesterday?” He mumbled. He didn’t really want to bring anything up, but he didn’t like how silent his partner was.

“…Really? I didn’t know. Why did they move it?”

“Because there were a lot of sponsors who didn’t do their jobs on time and didn’t do their jobs properly. Now, the games were postponed for the lack of funds and hands. They’re still figuring out how to solve some problems they’re currently facing.” He explained. “I do hope you’ve recovered enough the day we’ll register on it.”

He felt like he won victory when Kuroko smiled at him. “I’ll try my best.”

The elevator’s doors opened and he pushed the wheelchair towards the room which they’d been looking for since earlier. He sighed in relief upon finally finding it. Without bothering to knock, he busted open the door.

“Ever heard of knocking---?! Ah, Tetsu…” Aomine’s rage subdued upon seeing  his company. And for some reason, even he, Kagami Taiga, suddenly felt anxious with the unusual tense atmosphere inside the room, which was supposed to be filled with laughter.

“Kuro-chin, welcome~” Murasakibara greeted and ruffled the teal-head’s hair.

“Atsushi, don’t be rude and let him pass.” Himuro scolded and approached Kagami. “It’s been awhile, Taiga. How are you?”

Letting Kuroko drive his own wheelchair, Kagami faced his old best friend and chatted with him. Yet his eyes didn’t leave his partner as he passed through the unusual silent Takao and his partner, Midorima, who was just staring at his watch. Even Kise was quiet as he leaned his face against Aomine, who was frowning in fury and annoyance.

“What the hell’s going on?” He cursed and saw Himuro cast a glance on the person on the bed.

He blinked in surprise upon seeing Akashi sitting on the bed and reading a book. As calm and cool as he ever was. “The hell--? He’s already awake, why do all these people look like he’s dead or something?”

The dark-head beside him just smiled and shook his head. “It’s just that…”

Kuroko approached Akashi and reluctantly mumbled, “Sei-kun?”

The red-head didn’t look up.

“Seijuro-kun…?”

Akashi casted the teal-head a glance, but he quickly turned his attention back on the book he was reading though.

The phantom player gulped and murmured, “…Akashi-kun?”

That’s when the red-head finally closed his book and turned to him. “What is it?”