Chapter Six

“Something Lost Will Never Return”

Chapter Six:

The Teikou Middle School Basketball Club. An incredibly strong team with over one hundred members and three consecutive championship wins. Amongst their brilliant record, the generation of five prodigies was known as the “Generation of Miracles”. Despite being relatively unknown and lacking a game record, there was one more member recognized by the five prodigies. A phantom sixth man.

Kuroko gulped and ran to the door without putting on his slippers. He twisted the doorknob and was about to run out of the door when his special day turned worse upon seeing familiar men in gray suits outside of his room’s door. They held guns, handkerchiefs, knives, suitcases, and ropes. He gasped and was about to slam the door shut when one of three guys stopped him and reopened the door and took a step forward towards the phantom player. “We finally found you, Kuroko Tetsuya.”

“No…” Kuroko murmured in fear.

“The game of hide and seek of ours will end now.” Even with glasses on, Kuroko could still recognize each of the three men dressed in black before him.  The one who just spoke was named Kaoru Mikaru.

“We weren’t playing hide and seek since the start, why would we need to end it?” Kuroko mumbled and took more steps backward and his hand was silently searching for anything he could hold onto for and use as a weapon.

“From what we’ve seen, it looks to us like you wanted to be the ‘it’ in our little game.”  The second of the three, whose name was Fukai Masoto, complained.

“There’s no game. And there’s no it.” Kuroko murmured and mentally celebrated as his hand took hold of the long curtain rod on top of his bedside table. He already had no idea how and why that thing ended up there, but he should be thankful for whoever did it anyway.

“Too bad for you then, because from now on, you’ll be our ‘it’.” The last man, Usaki Hiaku, grunted and grabbed his left arm.

Because of instinct, he grabbed the curtain rod behind him and hit Usaki’s stomach, hard. “Don’t touch me.” He stated.

Usaki cursed in pain and backed away. “You damned brat. You’ll pay for that.”

“Get him, Fukai!” Kaoru yelled in distress and helped Usaki up. Fukai blocked Kuroko’s door and smirked as he confidently blocked it with his arms and even his legs.

“You won’t get away from us ever again. You’ll give us what we need. You’ll never run again. And you’ll be ours. You’ll end up like your family who—Shit!” He growled as Kuroko cut his sentence off by hitting his ‘that’ with the curtain rod’s end. Fukai cursed loudly in pain as the blue-head threw the curtain rod on the ground and quickly ran out of the room upon having a little opportunity.

He was expecting that even just one of the nurses and doctors in-charge would realize what he’s doing and stop him because he’s still recovering or maybe hear all the commotion and help him out, but neither of his hopes had come true as the nurses continued to laugh with something one of them told while the doctors were busy going inside one room and going out from the other and then appear out of nowhere again. You can’t even call one of them as they suddenly disappear as fast as they appeared.

He almost wanted to chuckle even just a little when he heard a shout, “Kuroko Tetsuya! Come back here!”

He gulped and ran faster if that was even possible for him.

“Come back here, you damn brat, we said!” Usaki yelled.

They were just few meters away from him and he’s already mentally panicking. “No, no, no…” He whispered and tried to ran faster.