Chapter Eight

Authoress’ Note: It’s been awhile, ne, minna-san? How have you been? I really am sorry for being hiatus for too long. There are just too much things we need to do at school, so I needed to have a vacation from surfing the net.

I’LL BE LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR WONDERFUL AND ENCOURAGING REVIEWS!

Disclaimer: (Haven’t done this for awhile) I don’t own KNB except for my own Other Characters: the guard, Akashi Shoujuro, and the other incoming OCs.

ENJOY!

From,

Me and my writer-blocked imagination.

“Something Lost Will Never Return”

Chapter Eight:

The Teikou Middle School Basketball Club. An incredibly strong team with over one hundred members and three consecutive championship wins. Amongst their brilliant record, the generation of five prodigies was known as the “Generation of Miracles”. Despite being relatively unknown and lacking a game record, there was one more member recognized by the five prodigies. A phantom sixth man.

He jolted awake when the cellphone beside his head rang and vibrated wildly. He sleepily searched for it and opened it before half-opening his eyes and read the ID Caller.

Caller: Kagami Taiga

He blinked and used his left hand to pressed answer for he couldn’t even move a finger of his right wrist up to his fingers. “Hello? Kuroko Tetsuya speaking.”

“Oi, Kuroko, where the hell are you? You suddenly disappeared yesterday from the hospital you were checked in at!” The red-head on the other line demanded.

He glanced at the watch on top of his side table and found out that it was already nearing five in the morning. “…I’m sorry. Things happened and well…”

“Well?” Kagami impatiently prompted. “You sound like your throat is so dry? Where are you, anyway?”

“I’m in the other hospital in this area…Well, things happened and I ended up falling on the subways’ stairs…and—“

“WHAT?!” Kagami practically yelled right on his ear.

He winced with the effect of his ‘light’s’ shouting and pushed it a little. “I think you’ve heard me quite clearly, Kagami-kun. But don’t worry, Sei—Akashi-kun is here to take care—“

“Yeah, right. Take care of you? I saw with my own eyes how he left you back in your former hospital. You think I will let him take care of you after that? I’ll be there after few minutes and—“

He blinked owlishly when his cellphone was suddenly snatched away from his hand by no other than Akashi Seijuuro, who might have awoken from Kagami’s yelling earlier. “I’m talking to Kagami Taiga, am I right?” The red-head mumbled in annoyance. “Yes, this is Akashi Seijuuro. I believe that you do not trust me enough to let me take care of Tetsuya, but just so you know—I do not care about your opinion. He will stay on my place until he has fully recovered, do not be bothered because he would still attend school when I know that he can truly endure a whole day of stress. No, I am not obliged to tell you where I live at. And no, I will not let you visit him. Do not judge me, yes I left yesterday morning and I have reasons for--- Do not question me, Kagami Taiga, I love Tetsuya, now is that enough as an answer?” He continuously babbled and then paused a little before regarding the teal-head a little. “…Just leave him alone or I’ll take out your heart and chop it into pieces.” It looked like Kagami was still saying something, but Akashi then hung up and turned off Kuroko’s phone.